Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 09:03 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Thank you, but my God will have me sit before no other gods...even if it means my death.
Domenic,

First, I also welcome you to the Circle. I have been away for a while and will have to be away again for several more days. I was surprised at the number of posts that had been made in my absence, then discovered that most of them centered around you.

I know your God and his son Jesus. ( My grandfather was an evangelistic preacher, so I REALLY know...) What has surprised me is that you don't seem to know that the God of the Jews, the God of the Christians, and the God of the Muslims are all the same God. I have come to believe that He may also the Grandfather, the Great Spirit (and other names of God) of Native America.

Your God is a God of Love (1 John 4-8) and His son Jesus taught religious tolerance (Romans 14 1-4). It seems to me that you may be seeking instead to use their teachings as tools of exclusion and intolerance.

You have been welcomed by several including me; your welcome continues. Perhaps it might be a good idea for you to consider your motives for joining the Circle and for commenting as you have.

Regards,

-- Nighteyes, who follows the teachings of Christ as he understands them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
welcome Pleroo,I'm glad to see you finally spoke up and it is indeed good to have you sit among us...
Agreed. Welcome!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Odd I should happen across this as soon as I read Nighteye's post. A song that seems to transcend all religions and does not violate any one's beliefs.

Curiously it is one of the few songs I can actually hear the words of. Another oddity. The Cherokee Drum is what we call a duff, one of the few Music instruments permitted for people of my faith.

In the spirit of this song. Let us all simply see it as a memory of what ever we each hold sacred and dear.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:32 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Odd I should happen across this as soon as I read Nighteye's post. A song that seems to transcend all religions and does not violate any one's beliefs.

Curiously it is one of the few songs I can actually hear the words of. Another oddity. The Cherokee Drum is what we call a duff, one of the few Music instruments permitted for people of my faith.

In the spirit of this song. Let us all simply see it as a memory of what ever we each hold sacred and dear.

I don't know of others response, but it speaks to the spirit............at least to me

Old 06-18-2014, 06:30 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I don't know of others response, but it speaks to the spirit............at least to me
That is the feeling I also had. I was going to try to get a Translation, but thought better of it. That would be a desecration of the meaning. Far better we each let it speak as we feel the words speak.

Like the Tsalagi Morning Song, it speaks as we hear it. The song speaks to the Spirit. It makes no difference what we each call our creator. The Song speaks our memories to the Spirit as we will hear if we choose to listen.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
And to me. Thank you, Woodrow.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:32 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Yes, it was a blessing to hear.

Thanks for posting that Woodrow.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:08 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
And moving on........................

Quote:
In a major blow to the Washington Redskins, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Wednesday canceled six federal trademarks of the Washington Redskins team name because it was found to be “disparaging” to Native Americans.

“We decide, based on the evidence properly before us, that these registrations must be cancelled because they were disparaging to Native Americans at the respective times they were registered,” the patent office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board wrote in a 2-1 decision.
'Redskins' stripped of trademarks - Jonathan Topaz and Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com

Old 06-18-2014, 09:29 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:

Wa-do Tso-s-da-nv-tli

Old 06-18-2014, 06:26 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,546,576 times
Quote:

Ahhhh ..... beautiful! Majestic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality