Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 05:06 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Well, I haven't met one anti-god person that hasn't had issues in some form or another.

The internet allows boils to fester.

Let's not talk about the issues that theists bring to the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 05:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Let's not talk about the issues that theists bring to the table.
oh no, I always address both sides. I happily invite all data to sort through what is going on. I never have to shun people, limit the discussions to only one type of god, and avoid listing all claims. You know, its a strawman to think things trough in detail. Some Christians and atheist alike do that kind of thing to maintain their statement of belief about god.

Funy think types avoid thinking in detail using all observation to maintain a belief system. They are in both camps. Its just that belief in some thing more is so far in a way more reliable, there are more people in the believing ranks and thus more trouble.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:17 AM

As this thread winds down I ask lurkers contemplating joining Christianity on the belief God loves them to examine the evidence that is plainly in view: far from loving you God is totally indifferent to you. We don't see any indications of a supreme being's presence in this world. You only have one life in this world. Live it for yourself and others, not for some Christian pagan god who couldn't care if you're dead or alive and some mythical savior who the Christians claim died for your sins. None of it is supported by the slightest bit of evidence.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:33 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
As this thread winds down I ask lurkers contemplating joining Christianity on the belief God loves them to examine the evidence that is plainly in view: far from loving you God is totally indifferent to you. We don't see any indications of a supreme being's presence in this world. You only have one life in this world. Live it for yourself and others, not for some Christian pagan god who couldn't care if you're dead or alive and some mythical savior who the Christians claim died for your sins. None of it is supported by the slightest bit of evidence.
Which is why I have conceded that there may be a god...just not a 'personal god'.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Which is why I have conceded that there may be a god...just not a 'personal god'.

There's nothing personal at all about this entity. Impersonal and indifferent is the best way to describe whatever is out there. As the title suggests, my best advice based on the evidence and/or lack of it is to simply reject this evil entity (evil because it has the power to intervene but chooses not to) and live your life as if it doesn't even exist--which, for all practical purposes far as you all are concerned, it doesn't.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:30 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
There's nothing personal at all about this entity. Impersonal and indifferent is the best way to describe whatever is out there. As the title suggests, my best advice based on the evidence and/or lack of it is to simply reject this evil entity (evil because it has the power to intervene but chooses not to) and live your life as if it doesn't even exist--which, for all practical purposes far as you all are concerned, it doesn't.
Exactly how I go about living my life...

As if no god even exists, and why not when there is no evidence such a thing exists? Questions? Sure, but questions are not evidence. Not even for very smart people who think the imponderable must mean some sort of intelligent being of some kind out there.

What's the difference? None for all practical purposes.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
totally impersonal or totally personal doesn't match what we see the best.

So if your advice, based on evidence, isn't the best we can do, why should I dump my evidence in favor of yours?

Old 06-22-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Exactly how I go about living my life...

As if no god even exists, and why not when there is no evidence such a thing exists? Questions? Sure, but questions are not evidence. Not even for very smart people who think the imponderable must mean some sort of intelligent being of some kind out there.

What's the difference? None for all practical purposes.
just like my brother does care about the ort cloud. It makes no difference to his life so for all practical reasons it aint there.

But he is flat wrong. so now what?

Old 06-22-2022, 02:33 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
From the available evidence within this material Reality, there is little to encourage you to think so except a personal encounter, IMO! It is quite a disturbing conundrum from my perspective having had the encounter and recognizing exactly how personal and caring God is! Our real status as Spirit Beings is what confounds the issues, IMO.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:48 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
From the available evidence within this material Reality, there is little to encourage you to think so except a personal encounter, IMO! It is quite a disturbing conundrum from my perspective having had the encounter and recognizing exactly how personal and caring God is! Our real status as Spirit Beings is what confounds the issues, IMO.
I guess you were just one of those very special ones that god picked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality