Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 08:01 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I guess you were just one of those very special ones that god picked.
Yeah...as I've said before, there is apparently just something about me that God doesn't like.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:02 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah...as I've said before, there is apparently just something about me that God doesn't like.
I have found that taking myself out of the beauty contest avoided a lot of this unrequited love business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 10:02 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I guess you were just one of those very special ones that god picked.
You are not that sanguine about me now from my posts in the forum, but if you knew me before the encounter you would NEVER think that I was one of the "special ones" God selected!!!

Old 06-22-2022, 10:54 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not that sanguine about me now from my posts in the forum, but if you knew me before the encounter you would NEVER think that I was one of the "special ones" God selected!!!
That's a terrible misstatement.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I have found that taking myself out of the beauty contest avoided a lot of this unrequited love business.
There you have it.

Old 06-23-2022, 05:24 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
From the available evidence within this material Reality, there is little to encourage you to think so except a personal encounter, IMO! It is quite a disturbing conundrum from my perspective having had the encounter and recognizing exactly how personal and caring God is! Our real status as Spirit Beings is what confounds the issues, IMO.
you have to remember mystic ... that walking around a city and passing churches is a far better set of observations than yours. It clearly must be past lives and shows that your process in thinking is flawed. I mean how could anyone not know that your god isn't true with that set of observation in tow?

How can anybody just side with a person that thinks like that? And not think that kind of thinking isn't going to hurt somebody?

Old 06-23-2022, 08:45 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah..., me too, but you/we are not alone. God doesn't seem to like a lot of us. Or maybe there is another better understanding to be had here. AKA reality...

Old 06-23-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yeah..., me too, but you/we are not alone. God doesn't seem to like a lot of us. Or maybe there is another better understanding to be had here. AKA reality...
Lol. There is that.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:58 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
One would first have to believe in a God and then that he is evil before one can reject him for being evil.

Yes the God as portrayed in the OT sounds evil however as long as one does not believe it was either written or inspired by an actual God then there is no reason to reject a God based on that book.

I suppose the notion of rejecting a God because he is evil is mostly a concept of people raised in religious homes.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:48 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
One would first have to believe in a God and then that he is evil before one can reject him for being evil.

Yes the God as portrayed in the OT sounds evil however as long as one does not believe it was either written or inspired by an actual God then there is no reason to reject a God based on that book.

I suppose the notion of rejecting a God because he is evil is mostly a concept of people raised in religious homes.
Sometimes the attempted point is that even if the believer's god exists, their claims about his nature are not coherent and inherently cannot be accurate.

The OP here is Thrill, who is not an an atheist anyway. As an atheist, I do not reject a particular god concept, I do not accept any of them for lack of substantiating evidence. If I critique BibleGod as evil, that is arguing a hypothetical with someone who believes him good -- usually by way of special pleading to excuse his cruelty or indifference and, by extension, quite possibly their emulation thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality