Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 11:20 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
We are not denying the experience, we are pointing out they may not be what you think they are.
Just because you may have experienced 'God's love', doesn't mean it does exist.
Of course it "exists!" Everything that manifests in this Reality automatically "exists." That is what "manifest" means!!! Just because it may not be sharable does not mean it does not "exist." As Gldn keeps telling you, if you are "blind" to it, you will automatically assume it does not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 11:44 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course it "exists!" Everything that manifests in this Reality automatically "exists." That is what "manifest" means!!! Just because it may not be sharable does not mean it does not "exist."
But is it really "God's love" was my point? Hint, the water in a mirage does not actually exist.

Quote:
As Gldn keeps telling you, if you are "blind" to it, you will automatically assume it does not exist.
Also if you understand how known cognitive bias works.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
But is it really "God's love" was my point? Hint, the water in a mirage does not actually exist.
Also if you understand how known cognitive bias works.
It exists as a "mirage" so you are wrong. The problem is you do not think that what is produced by our brain as the user interface actually exists, but the "icons" actually do exist within the quantum realm. That is the one thing about my views that I find worrisome. We may actually be creating our own spiritual venue within the quantum realm with our imagination. A very troublesome thought! I often wonder if that is what Jesus was referring to about moving mountain "icons."

Old 06-27-2022, 01:01 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
It exists as a "mirage" so you are wrong. The problem is you do not think that what is produced by our brain as the user interface actually exists, but the "icons" actually do exist within the quantum realm. That is the one thing about my views that I find worrisome. We may actually be creating our own spiritual venue within the quantum realm with our imagination. A very troublesome thought! I often wonder if that is what Jesus was referring to about moving mountain "icons."
We haven't evolved to see Reality. We have evolved for fitness in the environment.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
We haven't evolved to see Reality. We have evolved for fitness in the environment.
Correct! The user interface works very well for that purpose but it presents confusion about the actual status of Reality, IMO!!!

Old 06-28-2022, 12:04 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
It exists as a "mirage" so you are wrong.
No, the mirage exists, the water does not.

Quote:
The problem is you do not think that what is produced by our brain as the user interface actually exists, but the "icons" actually do exist within the quantum realm.
Again that sounds like the opposite of what I believe. You really need to stop telling me what I believe and then getting it wrong.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:55 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Correct! The user interface works very well for that purpose but it presents confusion about the actual status of Reality, IMO!!!
Sure does!

Old 06-28-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
No, the mirage exists, the water does not.
The only thing that REALLY exists IS the spacetime field that manifests on the user interface as a mirage appearing to be water, We have no way of knowing that what manifests as actual water is any different in actuality!!
Quote:
Again that sounds like the opposite of what I believe. You really need to stop telling me what I believe and then getting it wrong.
Vielleicht sollten wir uns auf Deutsch unterhalten, damit Sie es verstehen. Unfortunately, that would not be allowed here.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:58 PM

1,094 posts, read 883,052 times
Quote:
Evidence. Not proof, evidence. If we need to look at this objectively, we need evidence.

Once you understand the problem with your definition of evil, you will understand.

Yes, that is your belief. And that is only one option. The other afterlife is eternal torment.

Want has nothing to do with this. We do not believe in gods because the evidence is against them.

WHAT evidence? It's your interpretation of what5 you call evidence.

Old 04-11-2023, 01:03 PM

1,094 posts, read 883,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Depends on the perception of God one has as to whether objective evidence/proof of existence can be provided.
I'm a Pantheist...and my perception of God is Reality (ALL That Is)...and that certainly exists.

Who hit you with a pan?

It doesn't pan out in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality