Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:15 PM

7,082 posts, read 12,390,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
As we see every day on this area of the forum is, in increasing intensity, a huge and desperate push to promote atheism through the mocking of spirituality and religion. All one has to do is look at the majority of threads started. Instead of residing in the Atheism forum, they now cross over and spill into this area.

This isn't the "Non-Belief and Nihilism" forum.

As displayed by the perpetrators, there's more preaching and proselytizing by atheists here than any other groups.
Asking "why" is NOT preaching. Asking for the evidence behind a claim is NOT proselytizing. Those who make these wild claims without proof mock religion and spirituality the most.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,652,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, Thoreau is straw manning ALL atheists as narrow minded people who can not think for themselves.
lmao, just like atheist straw man? Nobody reasonable person says "all of them".

but you have to admit, forums were meant for horn blowers.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:01 PM

6,208 posts, read 4,668,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Does that also explain the crying and sorrow that a fundies show just before they die?

What’s the point of tears at a funeral?
People in general (including "fundies" ...as you refer to them) who are dying can feel a sense of sorrow in part because they don't want their loved ones to feel sorrow during their remaining time on earth. And people do feel a sense of loss for loved ones who pass away before they do, and not getting to spend time with them on earth once they die. It's called grieving.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:30 PM

11,125 posts, read 6,058,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

What’s the point of tears at a funeral?
I'm not sure what the point is but I do know the reason.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:33 AM

7,641 posts, read 4,202,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Atheists are so extreme that even moderates seem fundy to them. If anyone can think for his or herself, and isn't an atheist, he/she is automatically a fundy and threat to their feeble and limited brains
I am not an atheist as well as a believer of any the traditional faiths. I suspect I believe in something though. Would that make me a moderate?

I have shared my path through Christianity and out of Christianity stopping short of disbelieving in a god. My experience with atheists on this forum is that they try to bring to the surface any hidden agenda.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:07 AM

11,416 posts, read 9,343,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
To me, atheists should be some of the happiest people on earth. But many of them seem so miserable. I think it's because they really aren't sure they're right, and they know what awaits them if they're wrong.
Wrong on all accounts.

Atheists have problems like everyone else - heath issues or dealing with former issues, divorce, lay off late in life, etc, etc.

So tell me how an atheist is supposed to be happy dealing with that?

I assure you as an atheist (and an ex-Christian) I will not be wrong. I do not fear this big bad god most portray who's character is so horrible and egotistical that I have to be threatened with an afterlife of torture after living a good and honest life. I want nothing to do with the lies or idea/guess/fantasy/default.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:59 AM

4,632 posts, read 3,489,516 times
You've proven my point by coming here and telling me I'm wrong. How can I be wrong about something that multiple people experience differently? I feel sorry for many of you atheists...expending so much energy on something you don't believe in (so you say). I don't care about UFOs. I'm trying to imagine myself spending hours on a UFO forum trying to convince UFO enthusiasts why I'm not sure UFOs exist. I can't. It seems a much better use of my time to pour into something I enjoy.

"I'm right; you're wrong, and now I'm going to tell you in detail why you're wrong," may as well be the atheist creed.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,362,866 times
Quote:
You've proven my point by coming here and telling me I'm wrong. How can I be wrong about something that multiple people experience differently? I feel sorry for many of you atheists...expending so much energy on something you don't believe in (so you say). I don't care about UFOs. I'm trying to imagine myself spending hours on a UFO forum trying to convince UFO enthusiasts why I'm not sure UFOs exist. I can't. It seems a much better use of my time to pour into something I enjoy.

"I'm right; you're wrong, and now I'm going to tell you in detail why you're wrong," may as well be the atheist creed.
"I'm right; you're wrong, and now I'm going to tell you in detail why you're wrong."-- Atheists

"I'm right; you're wrong. The Bible says it, I believe it, and that settles it."-- Believers

Old 07-05-2018, 10:19 AM

16,878 posts, read 5,059,274 times
Quote:
You've proven my point by coming here and telling me I'm wrong. How can I be wrong about something that multiple people experience differently?
There is a big clue in there for the intelligent.

Quote:
I feel sorry for many of you atheists...expending so much energy on something you don't believe in (so you say).
Terrorists do not exist? Creationists do not exist? Homophobic bigots using the bible as justification do not exist?

And well done for admitting you secretly believe in all the other gods.

Quote:
I don't care about UFOs. I'm trying to imagine myself spending hours on a UFO forum trying to convince UFO enthusiasts why I'm not sure UFOs exist. I can't. It seems a much better use of my time to pour into something I enjoy.
UFO believers are not trying to force their views on us. How many times do we need to explain this to you?

Quote:
If it educates people, I am fine with it.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:57 AM

634 posts, read 900,308 times
Most atheists are not on any type of crusade, in fact they are pretty quiet about it, I for one rarely post outside the Atheist forum and hardly ever disclose my very private matters IRL.

If people want to conjure up spirits, then knock yourselves out is how I look at it, as I wouldn't appreciate prayer offers and the like from believers, although I think atheists definitely get the shorter end of the stick when it comes to people staying on their own side of the fence.

Oh, and I'm quite happy, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality