Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 01:58 PM

51,097 posts, read 24,599,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Agreed. It's quite sad. And it's the same usual group that consistently do it.
We realize that you dont' want to be questioned.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
The Christians who get their panties in a bunch are those - usually fundies - whose faith is weak. It's quite revealing. You don't see Christians like MQ, nate, pcamps, zhatz, Hannibal and others crying about mean old atheists. Unlike fundies, they are comfortable and secure in their beliefs.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:09 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I cannot disagree with your suggested way of life. But I have trouble seeing the EM-like synaptic firings that comprise my consciousness ever becoming worm food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Go back and reread your biophysiology book, my friend. That would explain it.
No, it doesn't explain it at all, KingCat. Our consciousness does NOT reside in physical matter because it exists at an energy level that cannot be contained within physical matter.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:11 PM

88,860 posts, read 85,293,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The Christians who get their panties in a bunch are those - usually fundies - whose faith is weak. It's quite revealing. You don't see Christians like MQ, nate, pcamps, zhatz, Hannibal and others crying about mean old atheists. Unlike fundies, they are comfortable and secure in their beliefs.
And/Or, we take our spiritual beliefs and practices as something personal to ourselves and do not think we have the only possible answer.

Even though I wanted very much at times to be atheist and found I wasn't able to just decide to be, I don't think it's at all odd or "wrong" that some people are.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:35 PM

9,700 posts, read 10,064,678 times
More likely Humanism which has a passion to make religion void , where people of atheism alone just want to be left alone and does not care about people who are religious

Old 07-03-2018, 02:49 PM

23,177 posts, read 26,280,941 times
Theists would probably not hear from us at all if the day came when tax supported sites didn't insist on displaying traditionally (usually) Christian displays....when politicians were elected without having to "seemingly" ( whether if fact or not) identify with a religious group.....when prayers were not the start of many totally secular as well as political groupings....when many laws weren't based on some Christian precept,etc, etc, etc.
Get your theism out of our face and we'd most likely be out of yours.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:55 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,617,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, it doesn't explain it at all, KingCat. Our consciousness does NOT reside in physical matter because it exists at an energy level that cannot be contained within physical matter.
You know this how? Serious question. Consciousness has been the subject of debate as to what it is for eons. You're making quite the assertion, and I'd like to explore how you came to that conclusion.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:17 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,495,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
As displayed by the perpetrators, there's more preaching and proselytizing by atheists here than any other groups.
It's funny that in the very same post in which you complain that the topic of atheism does not belong in the Religion forum, you fall back into the tired old nonsense of trying to equate atheism with it with religion.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:05 PM

11,198 posts, read 7,256,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And we are fighting back against your huge and desperate push to promote religion.

And remember, mockery is far less painful than passenger jets flown into skyscrapers.
This is a perfect example of your absurdity, so thank you for espousing it even further for all to see. More incriminating evidence!

I don't push for any view, so there you go again with your slander and lie-spreading. This forum used to be about increasing conversation, instead of trying to destroy it. It's time to speak out when hardcore and repeated childish attempts to hijack this forum take place. That's exactly what you guys are up to.

And what's this b.s. about flying into skyscrapers. You must be so hard up for insults that you now think Christians flew the planes on 9/11. Thanks for showing everyone just how warped atheists like you obviously are. Exactly what we all need to see!

Old 07-03-2018, 08:23 PM

11,198 posts, read 7,256,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The Christians who get their panties in a bunch are those - usually fundies - whose faith is weak. It's quite revealing.
This isn't about defending anything, including Christianity. That's nothing more than a diversion tactic.

Quite the opposite; it's about exposing the over-the-top invasion of discussion in this area of the forum, for selfish reasons, and make it identical to the atheism forum. It obviously bugs atheists to the core to see others have a belief in higher powers, and experience spiritual matters.

The mature approach that used to be here was live and let live (or believe), but not anymore.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 07-03-2018 at 08:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality