Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:49 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,679,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
ONLY 14 Million? Madonna drew nearly 10 times that much at the 2012 Super Bowl halftime show. And, the movie OZ the Great and Powerful, has been seen by over 15 million. Your 14 million isn't very impressive after all, considering more people have seen another fantasy movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So basically you are saying that some people like to be entertained, not educated. Mmmm okay, what's new?
I know you get all twisted up over this...but at least make a logical comparison.
Don't compare "The Bible" mini-series on cable...to sports and music, or sitcoms on major network TV, or movies shown in theaters.
Compare the numbers this presentation of a Religious subject, that sits on the greater THEIST platform...VS...what a presentation of some subject sitting on the ATHEIST platform would do in the same spot.

You guys are sitting in Yankee Stadium with your Astro jerseys on...touting the great abilities and virtues of your team.
You are the boxer at the weigh-in talking smack about how much better you are than the Champion you are going up against...and how you have the better skills, mocking and insulting him.
Then comes the actual fight...and you get knocked out and stretched in the first round by the Champ...who doesn't even break a sweat cold-cocking you and dusting you like you weren't even there.
THEN you have the nerve to STILL say at the post-fight press conference that he isn't any good and you are superior to him!

You people just don't want to admit: That in the Arena of World Merit...Atheism is the all-time loser.
But, even if you don't admit it: That's the FACT, Jack!!

I know what it's like to be Atheist...I was one for all my adult life until a couple years ago.
It sux riding the horse that always finishes last...you are constantly covered in dirt and mud.

Like I've said before...since you guys have already invented a couple Deities (FSM & IPU), you should just go with them. They are certain to have more mojo than Atheism!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,246,539 times
Quote:
Indeed.

Actually I've watched the first 2 episodes of the Bible mini-series as I was curious how they would go about it. They made me laugh. Notice how all the 'good guys' look quite anglo/European and the 'baddies' look more semitic or middle eastern? I've seen the promos for the episodes with "Jesus"-he looks like a modern, white, light brown coiffed haired, american male model. If Jesus actually existed as a flesh and blood person from Judea and 'came back' in the 21st century looking as he would have looked then, conservative American evangelicals would probably want to arrest him as a middle-eastern terrorist. They certainly wouldn't be inviting him into their churches.
Samson was portrayed as a black man with dreads. The 2 samurai ninja angels were asian and black.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,708,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
It pulled in about the same ratings as American Idol on a non-major network. Plus many Christians go to church on Sunday night. It is impressive. But of course, atheists just can not acknowledge just one positive thing about Christianity.
Sure I can. It provides more seating at Sunday brunch.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,418,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Samson was portrayed as a black man with dreads. The 2 samurai ninja angels were asian and black.
And none of them looked middle eastern except the 'baddies'.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
The Passion of the Christ has grossed over 600 million worldwide. So what's your point?
What's yours?

Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
It pulled in about the same ratings as American Idol on a non-major network. Plus many Christians go to church on Sunday night. It is impressive. But of course, atheists just can not acknowledge just one positive thing about Christianity.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 AM

83 posts, read 95,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Sure I can. It provides more seating at Sunday brunch.
Since your response was nothing more than a mockery, it is null and void. Try again.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
What's yours?
Millions of people paid their hard earned money to experience a deep connection with the death of Christ. Atheists are still the minority.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM

33,598 posts, read 37,240,246 times
Quote:
Millions of people paid their hard earned money to experience a deep connection with the death of Christ. Atheists are still the minority.
Yup, as P.T. Barnum said..."There is a sucker born every minute"

Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yup, as P.T. Barnum said..."There is a sucker born every minute"
Yep, that's what Satan says about atheists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality