Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2011, 11:47 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Ah yes. So much easier to find some mystical being to love and accept you the imperfect way you are than to acknowledge it and put the effort into learning to love and accept yourself and changing whatever you feel are your shortcomings.
Your understanding of Christianity is practically non-existent. Yes, God accepts us with all our flaws, but He doesn't intend for us to stay that way. Conversion should result in an obvious change for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I have heard we are all born sinners. Still trying to figure out what a newborn baby did that was so sinful.
You heard wrong. We are all born with the "disease" of sin (so to speak). Only later does it manifest itself.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:58 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You heard wrong. We are all born with the "disease" of sin (so to speak). Only later does it manifest itself.
Why would we be born with the disease of sin. Supposedly god made us, why make us with sin. Then punish us for having it?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Your understanding of Christianity is practically non-existent. Yes, God accepts us with all our flaws, but He doesn't intend for us to stay that way. Conversion should result in an obvious change for the better.
He made us ( so I am told) with all the flaws, so nice of him to accept it. I mean really the logic in these beliefs is so flawed it is ridiculous!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Any wrongdoing.
Who says I am doing wrong?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Why would we be born with the disease of sin. Supposedly god made us, why make us with sin. Then punish us for having it?
Can you not read?!? Where did I say God made us that way? Quit putting words in my mouth.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Who says I am doing wrong?
You've never offended someone, hurt someone? You've never made any mistakes? Sure you have. Have you ever had to apologize afterwards? Would you rather someone you offended hold a grudge against you or forgive you & move on?

Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
You've never offended someone, hurt someone? You've never made any mistakes? Sure you have. Have you ever had to apologize afterwards? Would you rather someone you offended hold a grudge against you or forgive you & move on?
None of those are a sin. Just human interaction.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Can you not read?!? Where did I say God made us that way? Quit putting words in my mouth.
Did god make us or not.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
OK,I'll bite,even though I am not an atheist,but just someone who doesn't believe there is hard evidence of God,and even though I am aware of your rep around here.But I'll give it a try and see if you can indeed engage in an honest and reasonable discussion.Present your proof and let's discuss it.You laid down the challenge;I accept.So let's get to it.
I'm not offering "hard evidence." I am thus far convinced that belief in the existence of God, Jesus and the basic historical reliability of the Bible is perfectly reasonable and logical.

Various atheists and agnostics assert that atheism/agnosticism is reasonable and logical. Thus far, they all refuse to even have the discussion. For instance, you will note in post #108 of this thread, Nozzferrahhtoo ignores the part of my post where I assert that a discussion is supposed to be a two-way street. They always do. I can only assume that it must be out of some sort of fear or perhaps just a complete lack of personal integrity.

Be that as it may, I'm happy to have the discussion with you. However, out of respect for the OP, we should probably move to another thread lest we get deleted by certain supposed, would be, so called "moderators" for "hijacking" a thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality