Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:29 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,213,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I don't know, but a choice to place one's faith in Jesus Christ is better than both! It provides eternal security & riches beyond human comprehension.
The equivilant of Monopoly money. You may delude yourself about things, but it is just delusion.

If it works for you to make-believe you have what don't, and will get what you won't, well be my guest. However, don't expect learned people to taker you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 05:31 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,887,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Why would you assume that atheists are materialistic? Do you know or have you ever met one?
As is true with almost any grouping, some are, some are not.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,725,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Exactly, you just don't "believe it". Proof that "belief" and not just the facts is a big part of the new religion called atheism. Thank you for your honesty.
More like proof and facts are required before they believe some random claim from someone on the internet. That you find that a weakness is telling.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:08 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,689,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
so if your hubby looks like him and you were horny then why the need for the dream
Sub-conscience letting me know it was time for a romp......

Old 04-20-2011, 07:15 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,253,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sub-conscience letting me know it was time for a romp......
,i just hope you got what you wanted,dont be afraid to wake that hubby of you'rs up,hehe.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,689,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
,i just hope you got what you wanted,dont be afraid to wake that hubby of you'rs up,hehe.
He never seems to mind!!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:40 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,699,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I contend that Atheists operate on a type of faith. If you believe something to be so without proof or evidence then one is operating in faith.

I don't believe in anything without proof or evidence. So no, I don't have faith; thank goodness I actually use my brain instead of just relying on wishes and talking to myself.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:49 AM

7,080 posts, read 12,373,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
More like proof and facts are required before they believe some random claim from someone on the internet. That you find that a weakness is telling.
It's only a "random claim" to those that are less evolved and live by only their 5 senses. Anyways, non-physical factors (smarts, wishes, dreams, ambition etc etc) are all around us and YES they do shape who we are. This is something I don't have to prove because we all know its the truth. We do use our brains, however I know for a fact that our brains are the receiver of our consciousness (and not the transmitter). Can I provide physical proof of this non-physical truth, no. I can however provide non-physical proof (something that many atheists won't accept). As a result, threads like this one end up being moot.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 04-20-2011 at 07:58 AM..

Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 AM

63,979 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I know for a fact that our brains are the receiver of our consciousness (and not the transmitter).
This is incorrect . . . you are obviously not familiar with the concept of a transceiver. The either/or claim you are making is not supportable since there is no locus in the physical brain where the pure energy composite that is our consciousness can reside. Only recorded instances of its creation and transmission are stored there.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:46 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,253,332 times
to those that think we need brains to be consiouss,,what about all the living entitys that dont have brains,do they have no consioussness,maybe they have very little consioussness,but none at all...mmm???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality