Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:30 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord-Joshua 24:15

I feel they it is my job as a parent to raise my children in a way God would approve. Jesus paid much too high a price for us to "go a w-horing" as the Bible says with other religions. We (as Christians) are the bridegroom of Christ, the temple of the Holy Spirit, why on earth would we pollute it with things, ideas, religions that dont honor God? I feel I am held accountible by God on what things I put in front of my children, and allow into my home.
Amen! well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 AM

358 posts, read 916,899 times
Quote:
but do you feel that allowing shows, movies into you home that show satanic themes, such as some horror movies, nudity, etc, have an effect on your family?
I think that the belief -- that nudity is satanic -- is satanic.

How absurd.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:44 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,895,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovejazz View Post
I think that the belief -- that nudity is satanic -- is satanic.

How absurd.
Nudity in the context that God intended it is not satanic. Nudity that doesn't glorify God and that isn't in the context He intended, is indeed, being used by the devil.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Jesus paid much too high a price for us to "go a w-horing" as the Bible says with other religions.
It's pure hypocrisy that a Christian speaks about his own Savior's religion that way! I thought Christians were rather fond of the Ten Commandments and a few other Jewish teachings.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,280,641 times
Quote:
It's pure hypocrisy that a Christian speaks about his own Savior's religion that way! I thought Christians were rather fond of the Ten Commandments and a few other Jewish teachings.
I don't think arguy had Judaism in mind with his comment, but no, actually, Christians don't practice Judaism either. Christ was the fulfillment of Judaism in the eyes of Christians.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I don't think arguy had Judaism in mind with his comment, but no, actually, Christians don't practice Judaism either.
Are you saying that Christians don't follow the Ten Commandments and other Jewish teachings? Accepting some Jewish philosophy is not the same as following all tenets of Judaism.

Actually, you may be surprised to learn that many (though certainly not all) of Jesus' teachings ARE Jewish! Which is why it's hypocrisy to put down the religion of the man that Christians worship.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,868,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I wish instead of picking the channels you could just get the Shows you want. It will happen one day!
I think Tivo allows you to do that. We don't have it but several members of our family do and swear by it.

Having three young girls in the house, we obviously limit TV watching to a few hours a day for them. And we don't have the news on, or adult programming, for them to see. What bothers me is when we are watching a perfectly decent show for them to watch, like Extreme Home Makeover, and the commercials show COMPLETELY inappropriate content for 7, 6 and 3 year olds.

But seriously, if there was a special on PBS that highlighted Chinese culture and Buddhism, I might watch it and would have NO qualms letting my children watch it. Despite the Bible interpretation that Christians are the chosen ones, I think it serves no good to hide our children from other cultures and other religions in our household. And if my children want to befriend someone in their class who is of another religion, race or culture, I would be quite happy with that.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:03 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,203,524 times
Quote:
Are you saying that Christians don't follow the Ten Commandments and other Jewish teachings? Accepting some Jewish philosophy is not the same as following all tenets of Judaism.

Actually, you may be surprised to learn that many (though certainly not all) of Jesus' teachings ARE Jewish! Which is why it's hypocrisy to put down the religion of the man that Christians worship.
Judaism is the base of Christianity. 70% of the Bible is written about and to the Jewish people! Jesus was a Jew, for crying out loud! So I don't see how any Christian would have a real problem with Jews.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,280,641 times
Quote:

Yes, Christianity is certainly rooted and based in Judaism. No question about that, but again, I don't really think arguy had Judaism in mind when he made his comment.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,724,415 times
Quote:

Hey,

Let's get back on topic. Start a new thread regarding this issue. thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality