Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:46 PM

204 posts, read 683,951 times

Advertisements

then, they would have water 'and' wine!

also, what was the reason he did it?

Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
But then you would have to pee a lot and people would have used it as an excuse to duck out of the sermon on the mount.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,976 times
He didn't actually turn it into wine. He procured some wine from a nearby shop. It was twisted in the bible as something that is not true. There are lot's of things in the bible that aren't to be taken literally and that is just one of them.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:59 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillthink4u View Post
Because the sleight-of-hand/illusion is a lot easier when you're not actually pulling something out of your sleeve, but merely changing the appearance of an existing object.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:59 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,140 times
So, The Holy Savior made a beer run? Awesome.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,688,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillthink4u View Post

also, what was the reason he did it?
He didn't because he was pressured by the beer lobby.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 PM

204 posts, read 683,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
He didn't actually turn it into wine. He procured some wine from a nearby shop. It was twisted in the bible as something that is not true. There are lot's of things in the bible that aren't to be taken literally and that is just one of them.

like...the existance of God?

Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 PM

Yup!

Old 10-29-2009, 01:25 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Wink Just another miracle! All in a day's work for The Son of God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Reverend; regarding my underlined blue phrase above: apparently you haven't spoken to either NIKK or Campbell34 or yesuahsavedme, have you?

As for why it was written that Jesus turned water into wine, recently I watched a Sunday School video at my wife's church where actors and special effects showed Jesus literally turning water into wine. It was NOT presented as an allegory, but rather as the truth.

You're right; these stories become simplified urban myths and when sufficiently dumbed down for consumption by the illiterate masses, they are then incorporated into the body of general knowledge that is to be believed without question. Just another miraculous event!

Like, you know, Noah's Ark and Adam and Eve. Plus, if it's sufficiently mysterious, it "proves" that Jesus was more than capable of performing impossible "miracles". Since the bible documents it, and the bible's inerrant, thus Jesus was the Son of God.

Simple, huh?

Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Reverend; regarding my underlined blue phrase above: apparently you haven't spoken to either NIKK or Campbell34 or yesuahsavedme, have you?

As for why it was written that Jesus turned water into wine, recently I watched a Sunday School video at my wife's church where actors and special effects showed Jesus literally turning water into wine. It was NOT presented as an allegory, but rather as the truth.

You're right; these stories become simplified urban myths and when sufficiently dumbed down for consumption by the illiterate masses, they are then incorporated into the body of general knowledge that is to be believed without question. Just another miraculous event!

Like, you know, Noah's Ark and Adam and Eve. Plus, if it's sufficiently mysterious, it "proves" that Jesus was more than capable of performing impossible "miracles". Since the bible documents it, and the bible's inerrant, thus Jesus was the Son of God.

Simple, huh?
Please don't bring the three musketeers up. I can only handle so much at my age. They should have their own church some place in the antarctic where they can't hurt anyone. Oh, wait, there's people there so better find another place.

Yea, I like those documentaries when there isn't a good comedy on.

I like the Nova one's though. They dig in where others won't venture to go. And no commercials!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.