Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 PM

285 posts, read 1,205,740 times

Advertisements

Please respect my beliefs and just figure what belief group would I fit into?

I believe in God but when it comes to Jesus, I keep on being bipolar about it like I believe in him and then I dont believe in him and then I do and then I dont! However I do believe in a higher power God! I call God either God or Father thats it for me!
I would like to be accepted into a church but nobody has my beliefs! I dont know what I am! Some Christians would judge me and call me evil!

If its alright I would like to tell you my beliefs and you can decide which religion I would fit into.

Higher Power: I do believe in a higher power that God is invisible and that God is spirit!
For Gods name I call him God or Father I find it inappropriate and disrespectful to call God by personal (if God even has one in the first place) I would never call my own father by his name I think it would be disrespectful and rude I call him dad because hes my dad! So why would I call God by first name!

Jesus: I believe that he existed but a part of me believe that he was just a very spiritual intellectual man who taught people to be peaceful and love one another to make the world a better place like a Buddha. Another part of me believe that he was a teacher but also Gods personal son who was a spirit and incarnated into a human to teach people about God and wanted to let people know that God wants the people on earth to love and be peaceful to another! Even though alot of evil people wanted to kill him! Like how I can see MLK not Jesus but another example like Jesus wanted to spread peace to people not to judge about their skin.

Spirits: I do believe in spirits HOWEVER I believe that everyone is a spirit, the "ANGELS" were the good people who were on earth and the "DEMONS" were the bad people who were on earth, I also believe that there are spirits who were good humans yet something had bad happened to them when they died (murdered) and wants revenge and to get even to the person who killed them!

Death/Afterlife: I believe that there is defenitley an afterlife, but I dont know specifically what happens. HOWEVER I can believe that we are spirits living in a human experience when we pass away we tell God what we've learned. I can believe that we can reincarnation a little bit because I look at life on how everything is a cycle! The water cycle it can be solid like ice and changes to liquid and then when exposed to heat it evaporates and turns into a gas and it repeats again and again! Also the sun it appears almost every day (Day,Night, Day, Night,Day etc) Also the seasons Spring Summer Fall Winter, Spring is birth Summer is mature/adult Fall is sickness and decline and Winter is death and the seasons repeats itself with Spring as rebirth and the cycle keeps on going! You dont have to agree with me but, Do you see my point?

Bible: I find it very complex I know that people would like the bible to peaceful but in reality that book has made a great divide in people spreading violence wars and hatred towards one another. Its nasty and it makes me angry when people had said God said that. When in reality man had wrote those words in that book NOT God! God is not a violent spirit as it portrays in the bible, personally I think the writers that wrote the bible ought to be ashamed of themselves. Plus there are contradictions in the bible which is changing one thought into another. I believe that God is perfect and that bible and the other holy books Quran and Torah are far from perfect.
But for the bible I do see some stories that have good

Abortion: I believe that killing unborn babies is wrong HOWEVER I believe a woman should have the choice to do so esp if it would threaten the unborn child and the womans life! Thats why I believe it should still be aloud to be practiced! I also find it evil when a woman is pregnant knowing that her baby will be very sick and dying after when the baby is born! Otherwise if the unborn baby or the women isnt in danger and the women still doesnt want the child I believe that they should have the baby and give it up for adoption because there are hundreds of thousands of couples who cant have children!

Homosexuality: God made everyone that is all, no one chooses who they love. As long as somebody genuinely loves another person whatever the gender is, it doesnt matter! I just believe when it comes to a man with a woman they have the ability to make another human being, but see they still have that love just as a man with a man who has love also and a woman with a woman also share love to one another!
Why hate? Why?

Evolution: I believe God created us

Adam and Eve: I do believe that theyve existed but I dont believe in the fruit thing I believe that is just a story for moral reasons meaning to make the right choices in our lives or suffer the consequences whether good or bad!

Prayer: I do believe in prayer and that you can pray to God!

Magic: I also kind of believe in magic good and bad, however you shouldnt practice bad magic or else you will suffer bad karma. Im getting into practicing candle magic, thats it! If you dont believe in it thats fine, but what is the difference from praying to God vs praying to God with a candle? You make a "wish" when blowing out your candles!
Im into palm readings as well

SO WHAT BELIEF GROUP WOULD I FIT INTO? : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 04:35 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,786,533 times
The easy answer is that you could probably find a Unitarian Universalist Church that you fit into. There are probably other theologically liberal churches, such as the United Church of Christ, or possibly some Episcopalian churches that you could worship with, even if you differed from them on some points of doctrine. Depending on how you view God, you may also classify yourself as a deist, although that isn't very helpful if you are looking for a church family, not just a label. Some Quakers( Society of Friends, particularly those in the Friends General Conference or the Quaker Universalist Fellowship- the more liberal groups) may also be a good fit.

-NoCapo

Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Just my two cents... It sounds to me as if you might fit into one of the more liberal Christian denominations -- perhaps the Episcopal Church.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:48 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
The easy answer is that you could probably find a Unitarian Universalist Church that you fit into. There are probably other theologically liberal churches, such as the United Church of Christ, or possibly some Episcopalian churches that you could worship with, even if you differed from them on some points of doctrine. Depending on how you view God, you may also classify yourself as a deist, although that isn't very helpful if you are looking for a church family, not just a label. Some Quakers( Society of Friends, particularly those in the Friends General Conference or the Quaker Universalist Fellowship- the more liberal groups) may also be a good fit.

-NoCapo

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

However not being sure about Jesus or God would leave you out of Episcopalianism, Lutheranism, Methodism and most other churches.

You would fit best into a Unitarian Universalism fellowship, i think and possibly a Unity or Quaker Church.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
However not being sure about Jesus or God would leave you out of Episcopalianism, Lutheranism, Methodism and most other churches.
I agree, but I think some of the congregations in some of these denominations may be more more focused on the application of what they believe Jesus taught to society, and less concerned with doctrinal purity. He may not agree with the church doctrine totally, but they are not so likely to drum him out as a heretic. If he is comfortable at one of these congregations, they are more likely to be able to focus on the things they do share than, say, an Assemblies of God.

It is kind of like when I was essentially a Reformed Baptist (Calvinist) attending a Free Methodist(Wesleyan) church. We disagreed on some fairly major points of doctrine, but it wasn't something we couldn't agree to disagree over...

-NoCapo

P.S. Some of the Quakers would not be a good fit, so pay attention to what kind they are. In the same way, do not mix up your United Church of Christ with Church of Christ. They are very different!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,601,679 times
You believe that God is there. So talk to Him, and ask Him for direction.

If you put God into a box and try to package Him as a specific religion then He will only be what you decide him to be, which isn't God at all.

Read the book of John. If you have read it in the past, then pray about it out loud and express your unbelief to God and then read it again. God reveals himself to us on His schedule, not ours.

I hope this helps and will pray for peace concerning your thoughts

Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 PM

Jdaelectro, I don't think is so much about him coming to terms with his own beliefs, as much as it is trying to find a like minded body of believers to fellowship with. You have to admit, with his current set of beliefs his welcome will be quite limited at a great many churches.

-NoCapo

Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 PM

73 posts, read 46,104 times
OP - have you looked into Gnosticism?

that is interesting and has various branches - some Pagan based others more Christian, and some a blend of the two.

Magic is involved.

Try reading the Gnostic Bible for a start IMO

Old 09-30-2012, 11:15 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
I am surprised you feel that christianity is not for you. Based on many years of debate, what you described fits with many christian beliefs as none of them really follow the dictates of the bible to the letter and have made up their beliefs pretty much like you have.

I am an ex christian so I have sampled many different flavours hence the term made up. I do not find many christians too dogmatic on the virgin birth and some other aspects of the nicene creed. Seeing there are 30,000+ sects of christianity, you should be able to find one that suits or fits your beliefs.

Happy hunting

Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
TyTy9, I think you are a typical Zoroastrian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality