Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,456,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's great to talk about it but I'm just saying I've seen this subject discussed on a million different blogs and it almost always turns ugly.
People start to get offended or take things out of context, things like that. Like I said in my last post I've had an average or below average number of partners and I prefer a woman that has had a similar sexual history. Now this might seem like no big deal and a normal outlook to you but I've honestly had women attack me for having this attitude.
There is no reason why anyone should be attacked for having a preference like yours. It's not like you're Wilt Chamberlain demanding a virgin. I think it's completely reasonable to seek out partners with a similar sexual history as yours.

And count me in as one of those old-fashioned people who cares about a potential partner's sexual history. I don't care if they're STD free or not. Having a history of promiscuity is just not attractive to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,935,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I doubt that athletes, rock stars, and others who have tons of partners keep count, afterall to them it's only sex no deeper meaning.
Well this 'awful' atheist here has kept count...

One.

...oh, and her atheist husband has only had one too!

Of course, I guess our personal feelings about the specialness of sharing sexuality with one person are meaningless, because it's not backed up by religion and/or fear of god(s).

Old 02-11-2010, 11:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
love with many is dilution of "i love you". eventually you remember the sex but not the face and name. people that aspire to acquire knowledge of relationships by many sex partners do not. they become experts at revolving doors. revolving doors that always lead to a cold dark street. they learn to play a skilled part- a role that works with most they meet --- for 60 days.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:40 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,214,954 times
If a man is going to base his opinion of me on how many sexual partners I have had, that’s not a man I want in my life.

Sex feels good.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,691,472 times
Life is short. Have fun and make the most of it. I don't want to be with any woman who's only had 1 or 2 lovers. I want her to have had some experiences as to have no curiosity later down the road. Do I want to hear every detail of each one? no, but I'm secure enough to be able to handle the fact that she's been with others before me. Then again I've risen above the sexual repressed majority. As for my number, it's not that high (40) for a 35 year old because I do exercise precautions to avoid contracting anything and I was married for 7 years.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,435,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
For someone like me I know exactly how many girls/women I have been with.

Now for people who have had tons of sexual partners......
Do they actually have a number in their head, of exactly how many they have had.
Actually this isn't 100% accurate. As a teenager I woke up in the same bed as a girl after a drunken night (as well as other substances).
No Idea if anything went on or not, don't remember.

The things you do as a teenager, those days are well behind me.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 PM

494 posts, read 891,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Ok that is just disgusting. I was thinking somewhere aroud 40 or so for me, but that makes me feel like a virgin. haha
And here I was thinking I'd had a lot since my count is 16. Well, unless you consider "just" oral sex too. Then it's 18.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,995,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
To a degree I agree with a "lack of respect for herself", however I think for alot of people who have had that many sexual partners (four figures) its a serious addiction. No different than say an alcoholic, yes there is a certain amount of he/she has a lack of respect for his body drinking so much, but the addiction is what drives it. Humans are addictive creatures.
Yes, I agree. I would go further and say women (and men) who have sex with thousands of people often have childhood sexual abuse in their past.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
love with many is dilution of "i love you". eventually you remember the sex but not the face and name. people that aspire to acquire knowledge of relationships by many sex partners do not. they become experts at revolving doors. revolving doors that always lead to a cold dark street. they learn to play a skilled part- a role that works with most they meet --- for 60 days.

^^^This is the truth^^^

Let's just say I learned this the hard way

IMO, having lots of sex partners also increases your risk of depression (in addition to HIV & STDs).

Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX_GUY View Post
And she was proud of of it!

There is a woman on Flickr who takes part in large group activities (for a living) and is going for 100,000 men, all without protection.

Totally INSANE!
She almost certainly is HIV+...or will be soon. Most likely she will have other STDs as well (hepatitis C, chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships