Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's the dealbreaker?
Woman with kids 30 21.74%
gold-digger 40 28.99%
woman with a slutty past 28 20.29%
attention ***** 15 10.87%
Other 25 18.12%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,666,952 times

Advertisements

man, all of the above. And then some. I'm out of the "barter for qualities" business. Dealbreaker is deal breaker. No amount of redeeming qualities makes it a non-breaker all of a sudden.

As to people reinventing themselves. HAHAH..HA. Promiscuous women are slutty because they craved the attention. It wasn't a phase because they were young. That craving stays with them, if anything they become embittered at their inability to get said attention anymore as they age and society and their moral compass (aka their female peers.. ugh) expect a different role of them. Like a land mine, getting ready to trip and flake on you. A slutty chick who opts to settle down is almost exclusively a gold digger by definition, and some posters above have already touched on the "comes in a package" aspect already. Are there exceptions? Sure. Are they statistically relevant enough to hang your hat on? Heck no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 12:36 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,557,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
...thing that would make you ditch the idea of a relationship?
Women who don't know who they are. They look to society or magazines to tell them who they should be.

Another is women who don't have plans for the future. I'm OK with women who are not successful as long as they are trying for a better life. If a women is making $100K/year but isn't trying for better I'm not interested. If a women is making $20K/year but trying to build a successful business that's good.

Money and success comes and goes. Only people who are willing to risk it all know what life is really about.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 PM

233 posts, read 767,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Why no one who's been married before and divorced?
Because I've never dated anyone, nor have I had a relationship, and I prefer "fresh" women over "second-hand" or "leftovers" or "rejects". In other words, I want to be her first, not her second.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,777,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Women who weigh more than me. I'm almost 200 lbs. I'd say if you're even close to that then there is absolutely no chance for us to be together.
But, what if you came to love her ... could you overlook all the rolls and see the inner person ?!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,556,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteadyVibe View Post
Because I've never dated anyone, nor have I had a relationship, and I prefer "fresh" women over "second-hand" or "leftovers" or "rejects". In other words, I want to be her first, not her second.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post

Oh come on, noela. He wants the chance to create a few rejects, too!

LOL!

Why do men place so much emphasis on being first?

It's not just true with relationships... we had to be the first on the moon, we had to be the first to drop the A-bomb....

It must be a dude thing. Women don't really seem to care. They don't wanna be first. It's sometimes better to be last.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
Women who don't know who they are. They look to society or magazines to tell them who they should be.

Another is women who don't have plans for the future. I'm OK with women who are not successful as long as they are trying for a better life. If a women is making $100K/year but isn't trying for better I'm not interested. If a women is making $20K/year but trying to build a successful business that's good.

Money and success comes and goes. Only people who are willing to risk it all know what life is really about.
I think that most men who think they want women to be every bit as eager for a fast track career as they are wind up disappointed with women who are heavily career minded.

It's good to have goals, but when both partners in a relationship put work and career success ahead of the relationship, it's doomed to failure.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteadyVibe View Post

Don't you just want a date in general? I mean, before you've ever dated is hardly the time to be exceptionally picky.

If a really cute girl liked you and she'd dated someone long-term before, why on earth would you dismiss that? That'd be foolishly chasing an ideal.

Women who have dated a few guys are more likely to know what they want than one who never has.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
man, all of the above. And then some. I'm out of the "barter for qualities" business. Dealbreaker is deal breaker. No amount of redeeming qualities makes it a non-breaker all of a sudden.

As to people reinventing themselves. HAHAH..HA. Promiscuous women are slutty because they craved the attention. It wasn't a phase because they were young. That craving stays with them, if anything they become embittered at their inability to get said attention anymore as they age and society and their moral compass (aka their female peers.. ugh) expect a different role of them. Like a land mine, getting ready to trip and flake on you. A slutty chick who opts to settle down is almost exclusively a gold digger by definition, and some posters above have already touched on the "comes in a package" aspect already. Are there exceptions? Sure. Are they statistically relevant enough to hang your hat on? Heck no!
Had an ex that cheated, did you?

Do promiscuous men sleep around because they crave attention? Wealth? Are they all flakes?

Or do they just enjoy sex?

Is it really horrible to be with a woman that actually enjoys sex?

I mean, as long as the man is talented in that arena, and she loves him, I see no reason why such a woman would be tempted to stray from the relationship.

Statistically, women seem to cheat more often for emotional reasons than physical ones anyway... like, say, having a boyfriend/spouse who mistreats them or is emotionally unavailable. And more often than not, the affairs are emotional, not sexual.

Or so the stats say. I think most of those are manufactured.

If you read the posts here, you'd swear that all men care about is whether or not a woman has had sex before.

Turns out that most who responded to this poll cared more about whether she was a gold digger.

IMHO, as a woman, I'd care more about whether a guy was out to take me for a financial ride than whether he'd had sex with X number of people or had kids from a previous relationship.

I mean, seriously? People being genuine is what matters most.

All that other stuff really does depend on the person.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,557,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
It's good to have goals, but when both partners in a relationship put work and career success ahead of the relationship, it's doomed to failure.
I just used career as an example.

There are other plans that would be good:

Build a family.
Write a book.
Get a degree.
Change careers.
Learn to sew.
Learn to cook.

Anything but being stagnant. When people are looking for a relationship to "fill their life" they seem to be a bad choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships