Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 12:41 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
hahaha. Nah. That's not how it is. I've met physically attractive German women, Swedish women, Finnish women, Islandic women, African women; women who are used to their men being 6 feet tall, and in many cases a lot taller than that, and my height never was much of an issue. It's true, I was rejected alot, but I would've been rejected a lot too was I 6 feet tall instead of 5'8'' because women - OMG- aren't all the same monolith entity that can only get aroused by some 6'6'' Swedish soccer player.

Good for you. But yes, it is that way with many many people. Heck, one of my friends LB is barely 5' tall and won't date guys under 6'. It's a very common thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 12:45 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,705,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I never said that. Nothing a bout being better looking, but it's about realizing who is your equal when it comes to look. IE...she's chubby, but he's bald. Thats just an example

I've even heard how the last remaining single friend or relative where friends take the woman aside after she's been complaining (complaining being the operative word here) about how she can't find anyone to perhaps give that "Steve" guy a chance. Sure he's bald, sure he's short, but hey...he's a great guy personality wise. Just give him a lunch date, see what happens. Can't harm ya.

When your friends and family members see that your'e being overly picky, you know they have a problem.

If she's NOT complaining about not being able to meet any decent guys, then this wouldn't be an issues, friends and relatives wouldn't hear her complaining, so they wouldn't be asking her to give Steve a shot.
It’s not about JUST looks. If Jane is chubby, but she has a successful career, is attractive despite not being at her ideal weight, has an active social life, tons of interests, etc., why should she have to go out with Steve who is bald and short just because he has a “great personality”? She might be a charmer while Steve could be completely dull. Maybe she’s also looking for someone who is at her level in terms of career goals or interests? When she is a successful professional, she doesn’t need a man to take care of her, so why is she going to bother with men who she doesn’t find attractive?

Old 07-09-2018, 12:50 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,043,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
It’s not about JUST looks. If Jane is chubby, but she has a successful career, is attractive despite not being at her ideal weight, has an active social life, tons of interests, etc., why should she have to go out with Steve who is bald and short just because he has a “great personality”? She might be a charmer while Steve could be completely dull. Maybe she’s also looking for someone who is at her level in terms of career goals or interests? When she is a successful professional, she doesn’t need a man to take care of her, so why is she going to bother with men who she doesn’t find attractive?
Did I say that "Steve" wasn't at the same level of success as her? Nope. He could STILL have the same level of success, but she'll go "ew, he's bald...next!" That's all it takes.

And that'd be the end of that.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:53 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
I never found that being bald hurt me. In fact, my dating got significantly better when I started shaving my head in my early to mid 20s.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,057,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Did I say that "Steve" wasn't at the same level of success as her? Nope. He could STILL have the same level of success, but she'll go "ew, he's bald...next!" That's all it takes.

And that'd be the end of that.
That's all it takes for whom?

For the supa-hottie college party chicks? For "I want to be a model/dancer more than anything else in the world" clubsters? Probably.

For the ubiquitous "over 40 and she's going to be alone forEVer!" neener-neener, she got what she deserved for being too picky group? Yeah, I guess so.

How about EVERYBODY else, the vast majority? Look around you. Look within your own family, at your friends, people at work, and people on the street. Do you see, overall, that obviously, the guys who were bald, or short or heavy, got "eew!" from all women and were passed over? The majority of men you know, or see, who are hooked up, are gorgeous and with plain, picky women?

Old 07-09-2018, 12:58 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,043,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I never found that being bald hurt me. In fact, my dating got significantly better when I started shaving my head in my early to mid 20s.
Let's not split hairs, I'm just giving an example, personal experiences excluded. Okay, I'll say, "Ew, he's 5'8", ew...he's not tall enough. Not tall enough to ride this ride!"

Old 07-09-2018, 01:06 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,110,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, I don't know. Lots of women I know that are 5'4" or 5'5" still only are interested in guys 5'10" or 6' or taller. It's really common. I'd hate to be short as a guy. I'm not sure what the equivalent is for guys, or if there is one.
Yeah being short is pretty awful..equivalent would be an obese women maybe?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,057,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah being short is pretty awful..equivalent would be an obese women maybe?
The example was not just of a short man, but of a man with any perceived "defect." Chubby, bald, large nose, anything.

And it's patently ridiculous that no guy with any one, or combination of these flaws can't get a girlfriend...because, I'll say again, look around you.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,110,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The example was not just of a short man, but of a man with any perceived "defect." Chubby, bald, large nose, anything.

And it's patently ridiculous that no guy with any one, or combination of these flaws can't get a girlfriend...because, I'll say again, look around you.
I was responding to a post about short men..

Old 07-09-2018, 01:23 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
So many creeps go to physical exercise to attempt to do pickup
I’m a guy but if I were a woman it would bother me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships