Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 10:49 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah...something about it...like the person wearing it can be trusted. Funny how smells can have an effect on our mood. Loves Baby Soft makes me happy, my sister and I always gave it to each other for Xmas.
I hate sandalwood, it seems like I've heard it covers up the smell of weed, so when someone at work is wearing it, I get annoyed! It's probably not even true, I do anyway.
I can't keep them all straight, but I always think I should like sandalwood, patchouli, and some others I can't think of, but then when I try them, no, yuck.

I used to love Coty "Sweet Earth" products. They used to make a face scrub that smelled sooo good. To this day, I miss it so much. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 01:19 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
This may be silly to some, but I remember being in school and having to do reports where the teacher speculated that it had to be say a thousand words. I remember being terrified that I'd not be able to come up with that and I lost sleep as a young kid.

I can easily fill a thousand words and do it in a somewhat cohesive fashion now. LOL... it's funny how this stuff works.

I have steadily avoided Twitter in the past and I have since decided to post a few "tweets" mostly in response to other people's crap and I have found the 140 character limit to be quite offensive. LOL.... maybe a good reason to abandon that foolishness. I find people on Twitter to be far too rude for me and that is a statement.. let me tell you.....

Old 10-23-2016, 07:17 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I tweet once in a while. I haven't got in to the Twitter thing full on.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:44 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
I don't think my dad wore cologne. My mom wore Chanel No 5, but only for special occasions, because it was expensive. She would faint if she knew how much it costs now. Smelling Jergens hand lotion makes me think of her, but then a roast beef in the oven does, too. LOL

I haven't started tweeting. Probably not going to. I have enough silliness in my life listening to 30-somethings talk about super heros and Pokémon. Unprofessional or not, I had to get head phones for work to save my sanity. Of course, talking half the day (then getting paid overtime) isn't completely professional either.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Never ever tweeted.Or snapchatted.Kinda think it's dumb.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:01 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Never ever tweeted.Or snapchatted.Kinda think it's dumb.
I think so, too. Exactly how much do I need to tell people? How many do I have to tell? How often? And really who cares? I'll tell you about my fantastic life of hang gliding later.

Oooo . . . "Hang gliding".

Old 10-23-2016, 09:12 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Snap chat looks to be absolutely stupid. But Facebook in an election year is also bottom gutter drivel,too.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:52 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Never did snapchat. I too find tweeting to be "dumb" I think the only thing about it that might be cool is that you can "follow" someone you like and when they tweet it shows up on your "feed" sorta like Facebook in that respect, but yeah, overall tweeting is silly. About as silly as the people that update their Facebook with every single silly details of their lives. The worst to me are the people that post inspirational memes EVERY single day.

I mean how many times can you see that little kitten hanging from something with the caption that reads "Hang in there"

Old 10-23-2016, 03:01 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I still like old spice. Yeah, I'm weird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, yeah, that along with Brut33 still brings on memories of watching my dad get ready for work, he'd slap that on himself then he would slap a little of it on my cheeks. LOL.

That's from way way back.
I kind of like Old Spice and Brut, but Mr.Mathlete likes it on so thick, it's just not pleasant. Just a dab, man. Just a dab.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:05 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
lol. I like twitter. I like that I can get the news or stories in things that I'm interested in. It's also a great tool to share info, well within my industry anyway.
Also it's useful for companies to talk directly to customers.
Snapchat though, I don't really get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships