Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 03:14 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol. I like twitter. I like that I can get the news or stories in things that I'm interested in. It's also a great tool to share info, well within my industry anyway.
Also it's useful for companies to talk directly to customers.
Snapchat though, I don't really get.
I've resisted it for the longest time, that and FB too. I spend too much time on CD and that is just another form of social media at the end of the day.

IDK, been getting a bit more active on FB lately and checking out twitter. I first dabbled with twitter a while ago and found it disgustingly vile. I was turned onto it by a friend and unfortunately one of the groups she got into was a pro Hilary group and man oh man, some of those people were just so vile and heinous in their tweets it just turned me completely off. I decided to give it another chance and I started "following" some people that I like.

IDK... I haven't spent much time really logged into the site and I'm not going to put the app on my phone, so whatever. LOL.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 03:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I kind of like Old Spice and Brut, but Mr.Mathlete likes it on so thick, it's just not pleasant. Just a dab, man. Just a dab.
My Dad used to smell of Irish Spring and Brut...when I smell either of those it brings me back to happier days...

Old 10-23-2016, 04:04 PM

Walking Dead starts back up tonight, for those that give a rip. LOL.

Spoiler
I can't wait to see who got the ol' baseball bat treatment.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've resisted it for the longest time, that and FB too. I spend too much time on CD and that is just another form of social media at the end of the day.

IDK, been getting a bit more active on FB lately and checking out twitter. I first dabbled with twitter a while ago and found it disgustingly vile. I was turned onto it by a friend and unfortunately one of the groups she got into was a pro Hilary group and man oh man, some of those people were just so vile and heinous in their tweets it just turned me completely off. I decided to give it another chance and I started "following" some people that I like.

IDK... I haven't spent much time really logged into the site and I'm not going to put the app on my phone, so whatever. LOL.

lol! It is another form of social media...Oh yeah. there are some real a holes in this world. I just tend to stick to my own "feed" though so they are easy to ignore. Twitter does need to monitor that sort of thing though.
Good way to find out about new music, or follow artists/bands etc too.

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 10-23-2016 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-23-2016, 07:02 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I can't keep them all straight, but I always think I should like sandalwood, patchouli, and some others I can't think of, but then when I try them, no, yuck.

I used to love Coty "Sweet Earth" products. They used to make a face scrub that smelled sooo good. To this day, I miss it so much. lol
Yeah, patchouli too, bleh.
Sweet Earth Solid perfume in a compact? Loved that, I just looked, and it's sold on Ebay!
...but what do you think 30-40 y.o. solid perfume would smell like right now?

Old 10-23-2016, 07:28 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah, patchouli too, bleh.
Sweet Earth Solid perfume in a compact? Loved that, I just looked, and it's sold on Ebay!
...but what do you think 30-40 y.o. solid perfume would smell like right now?
Yep. Their packaging was always so cute, too. I had searched for it before. The Vermont Country Store was selling it for a while. They only had two scent combinations, though. I wanted the one that had grasses, if I recall, but they didn't have it. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the "florals." It's three scents: Ylang-Ylang, Honeysuckle, and Hyacinth. It doesn't look like they're selling it anymore, at least for now.

Once in a while, I'll check out nostalgia sites, like from the '70s. I think that's how I heard that the Vermont store had reintroduced them. I don't know if you're familiar with them, but they sell a lot of "old-timey," nostalgia items. You remember Lemon-Up shampoo? Just all kinds of stuff like that. It's fun looking through their site even if you don't buy anything. (I'm not affiliated, by the way. lol.)

Old 10-23-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol! It is another form of social media...Oh yeah. there are some real a holes in this world. I just tend to stick to my own "feed" though so they are easy to ignore. Twitter does need to monitor that sort of thing though.
Good way to find out about new music, or follow artists/bands etc too.
I should look into it for new music. I'm getting stuck on too much old stuff and I need to branch out and get up to speed on some of the newer stuff. I try, but I'm just not digging a lot of the newer metal and hard rock.

I'll play Octane on Sirius sometimes because they play newer stuff and I'm just not feeling some of it. I want to for sure. One's catalog should be as large as possible, and no, that wasn't a crude metaphor.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
!!! I just checked ebay, Rbccl! A hundred bucks?! For those vintage compacts?!

When I bought this one, I actually thought to myself, I should keep this pristine and untouched; it might be worth a lot later. But, no, I want to enjoy it.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:20 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Am loving the rain that keeps falling in periodic bursts over the last few hours here. Haven't smelled that rain smell in so long. Thank goodness my car will get a bath in the process, it needed it.

All the talk about dads' aftershaves - mine still uses Coty Wild Musk. It turned me off patchouli for like ever. Back in the day, my sister was the Jean Naté fiend, and I swore by Love's Baby Soft because a boy in seventh grade came up and asked me what perfume I was wearing. He was a tough, heavy metal type who always had band shirts on and hung out with the other metal heads, so he made sure no one was looking when he came up to me, and was very subtle about it all.

I'm more nostalgic for Bonne Bell lip glosses, especially the cherry cola kissing coolers. I wouldn't mind finding some of that on eBay.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:57 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I should look into it for new music. I'm getting stuck on too much old stuff and I need to branch out and get up to speed on some of the newer stuff. I try, but I'm just not digging a lot of the newer metal and hard rock.

I'll play Octane on Sirius sometimes because they play newer stuff and I'm just not feeling some of it. I want to for sure. One's catalog should be as large as possible, and no, that wasn't a crude metaphor.
At one point they had a separate "twitter music app". It wasn't bad - a bit clunky but for the most part it was decent. It'd try to link bands on what you liked to other bands in that genre. They pulled it before it was properly developed though.

Lol!! ~ I agree though... and, sometimes you just want the classics. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships