Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 03:05 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, she's pretty much the butt of jokes. But let's not forget that it takes two to tango. Bill will always be referred to as s philander, at least by the people that didn't like him. We tend to overlook our guy's faults when it suits us. Human nature to a degree I imagine.
By pure chance I re-watched one of my favourite political dramas a few days ago, "All the President's Men"

One of the characters was called Deep Throat.

20 years on from "Watergate" seems nothing changes in the White House, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 03:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Yeah, she's pretty much the butt of jokes. But let's not forget that it takes two to tango. Bill will always be referred to as s philander, at least by the people that didn't like him. We tend to overlook our guy's faults when it suits us. Human nature to a degree I imagine.
I know... It's just that a 21 year old kid was held to higher standard than the [married] POTUS. Yes, she tangoed, but her life and reputation were irreparably ruined, while his were not. I just can't help but think of the stupid **** I did at 21; KWIM?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:15 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
By pure chance I re-watched one of my favourite political dramas a few days ago, "All the President's Men"

One of the characters was called Deep Throat.

20 years on from "Watergate" seems nothing changes in the White House, lol

Nothing ever changes, ever. LOL, everyone I know is crapping their pants at the thought of The Donald getting into office, and I just say, meh, whatever, nothings going to change, back room deals and palm greasing has been going on since man started setting up government structures.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:17 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Nothing ever changes, ever. LOL, everyone I know is crapping their pants at the thought of The Donald getting into office, and I just say, meh, whatever, nothings going to change, back room deals and palm greasing has been going on since man started setting up government structures.
Agreed

Old 07-10-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I know... It's just that a 21 year old kid was held to higher standard than the [married] POTUS. Yes, she tangoed, but her life and reputation were irreparably ruined, while his were not. I just can't help but think of the stupid **** I did at 21; KWIM?

On that note of stupid stuff done as a kid, I thank god I grew up in a time where cameras and social media wasn't around. I mean we had cameras of course, but everyone's got one in their pocket via their phone nowadays.

Yeah, I do feel a bit bad for her, she was a young kid and was most likely captivated by the power of a man in his position. She did get the bad end of the stick no doubt about that. Double standard on that one. But again... Bill is still looked at as a guy that couldn't keep it in his pants and that's not really a good thing either.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:47 PM

Saw this commercial a couple of days ago and about laughed my butt off. That look on her face was just funny as hell and true too. I've walked into some peoples house and about did that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYm6ZiUrUTs

Old 07-10-2016, 07:51 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
MG has passed away. He had a tough, grouchy exterior with a streak of tradition and a core of kindness and sentiment. He was one of a kind. We didn't do anything flashy, nor were we "jet-setters". We could sit and watch tv and be perfectly content. I was happy.

He isn't in pain anymore. Cancer sucks.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
MG has passed away. He had a tough, grouchy exterior with a streak of tradition and a core of kindness and sentiment. He was one of a kind. We didn't do anything flashy, nor were we jet-setting. We could sit and watch tv and be perfectly content. I was happy.

(Big Hug) I'm sorry.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
MG has passed away. He had a tough, grouchy exterior with a streak of tradition and a core of kindness and sentiment. He was one of a kind. We didn't do anything flashy, nor were we jet-setting. We could sit and watch tv and be perfectly content. I was happy.

He is in pain anymore. Cancer sucks.

I'm sorry. Really. Cancer does suck, just about everyone knows someone who has died from it. I hope he went peacefully.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:29 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
MG has passed away. He had a tough, grouchy exterior with a streak of tradition and a core of kindness and sentiment. He was one of a kind. We didn't do anything flashy, nor were we "jet-setters". We could sit and watch tv and be perfectly content. I was happy.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, meta. Your beloved is now in a better place, without the pain.

My beloved wife passed due to brain cancer, March 2006. She had so much pain She just wanted the pain to stop. Liquid Morphine did very little to help her.

Take gentle good care of yourself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships