Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 05:48 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I like to call that “mitigating factors.”
I feel like there is always a "tipping point" so I try to add "weight" to one side. Bad explanation.

Anyway, no down side to healthy eating and exercising, and ALL kinds of good. I avidly pursue both.

Step daughter was covid ward nurse in Phoenix. The main thing that traumatized her the worst?

She said it was seeing healthy young people dying continuously from covid.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 06:13 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
On another note.

I got a green light to do a Zoom for CD-R peeps! I'm going to plan for that to happen after the holidays, since some folks will have a lot going on potentially between now and then (I kinda do, too.) But I'm looking forward to it, and I'll drop a link in here once I have it figured out.

I know that people might be a little tired of Zoom, but it does seem like the easiest way to "meet" any of the people from here and I hope it'll be fun.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:15 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I feel like there is always a "tipping point" so I try to add "weight" to one side. Bad explanation.

Anyway, no down side to healthy eating and exercising, and ALL kinds of good. I avidly pursue both.

Step daughter was covid ward nurse in Phoenix. The main thing that traumatized her the worst?

She said it was seeing healthy young people dying continuously from covid.
I can only imagine how awful that must be to witness.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
On another note.

I got a green light to do a Zoom for CD-R peeps! I'm going to plan for that to happen after the holidays, since some folks will have a lot going on potentially between now and then (I kinda do, too.) But I'm looking forward to it, and I'll drop a link in here once I have it figured out.

I know that people might be a little tired of Zoom, but it does seem like the easiest way to "meet" any of the people from here and I hope it'll be fun.
I'm in! (if I am invited. LOL)

Old 12-17-2021, 06:44 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I'm in! (if I am invited. LOL)
Yeah, I'm going to make it open to anyone who sees the link, which I'll share here.

I'm thinking about the terms of this thing...

- City Data has zero liability for anything to do with it.
- I'll boot anyone who breaks the rules.
- Rules are pretty basic. I'm not saying "no verbal profanity" because I don't think that's reasonable to expect, but no harassment, racism, name calling, insulting people, generally being a jerk, keep your clothes on, no graphic sex talk (it's not that kind of party! lol!)
- If you show up just to lurk, with no video and no audio and don't actually participate in any way, after a short period just in case you're trying to figure out your tech, I'll kick ya. That lurking thing is just weird...I've had people get on Zooms and do that, it makes others uncomfortable. Just this random black screen like you're spying for the CIA or something!

I've been on some Zooms where it was required to have your camera on. Should we do that, do you think?

Like at the very least I do want anyone there to participate in some way. Audio, video...something.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, I'm going to make it open to anyone who sees the link, which I'll share here.

I'm thinking about the terms of this thing...

- City Data has zero liability for anything to do with it.
- I'll boot anyone who breaks the rules.
- Rules are pretty basic. I'm not saying "no verbal profanity" because I don't think that's reasonable to expect, but no harassment, racism, name calling, insulting people, generally being a jerk, keep your clothes on, no graphic sex talk (it's not that kind of party! lol!)
- If you show up just to lurk, with no video and no audio and don't actually participate in any way, after a short period just in case you're trying to figure out your tech, I'll kick ya. That lurking thing is just weird...I've had people get on Zooms and do that, it makes others uncomfortable. Just this random black screen like you're spying for the CIA or something!

I've been on some Zooms where it was required to have your camera on. Should we do that, do you think?

Like at the very least I do want anyone there to participate in some way. Audio, video...something.
Agreed, but maybe not push for video. Audio at the minimum and no lurking. Some people just might not be comfortable showing their face.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Great idea, Sonic.

I am not keen on being on camera. I have a face for radio and voice for mime work.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:01 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Great idea, Sonic.

I am not keen on being on camera. I have a face for radio and voice for mime work.
I'm not overly keen on being on camera, either, but for reasons other than mere vanity. (Just teasing, SD40!)

One of the best things about this site is the relative anonymity of it, although it *has* felt like I've gotten to know so many different people thorough here. However, the notion of a Zoom call is tempting....

Old 12-17-2021, 08:11 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I'm not overly keen on being on camera, either, but for reasons other than mere vanity. (Just teasing, SD40!)

One of the best things about this site is the relative anonymity of it, although it *has* felt like I've gotten to know so many different people thorough here. However, the notion of a Zoom call is tempting....
There is that, too. I like staying below the radar.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:01 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Well there goes my game of guessing whose who....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships