Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,120,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I sure as hell wouldn't. IMO, tattoos are very unattractive. Have you ever seen a beautiful girl with a tight bod on the beach, and when she passes by, you notice a big ol' tramp stamp on her lower back? Oh man, what a turnoff! Just one tat can ruin everything. The absolute worst ones are chicks with tats on their upper breast area - usually these types of females are ugly to begin with (not sure why).

I cant think of anything worse a female could purposely do to her body. Yuck!
Me if they only have a small amount of tattoos I would accept it but if they have a whole body full of tattoos then ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 04:51 PM

12,974 posts, read 34,008,867 times
I had to really think about this one. I really dont like tattoos on women at all and would never get one myself.

Would I date a girl with tattoos? Maybe. Depends on the girl. If she's a tantric vinyasa yoga type who shops at Whole Foods and is into eating right and working out and bellydancing, incense and candles, recycling and alternative medicine and sporting a very well done colorful $8,000 tattoo themed to her lifestyle even if its all over her back and stomach - YES I would probably date her. But if the woman is a budweiser drinking, NASCAR loving, fried chicken, krispy kreme and succotash eatin', Dale Earnhart #3 sticker placed on back of her car, cigarette smoking, hootin' and hollerin' type with a bunch of $12.00 script writing tattoos on different parts of her body and knows several people who appeared on Jerry Springer - NO I would not date her.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:54 PM

12,974 posts, read 34,008,867 times
I definately hate the "tramp stamp" tattoo on women. I'll never understand why they get tattoos there.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:17 PM

388 posts, read 329,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I definately hate the "tramp stamp" tattoo on women. I'll never understand why they get tattoos there.
Women do nutty things.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:20 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,833,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
It is to give guys something else to look at besides their peaking thongs or butt ******.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:44 AM

223 posts, read 694,746 times
Quote:
I sure as hell wouldn't. IMO, tattoos are very unattractive. Have you ever seen a beautiful girl with a tight bod on the beach, and when she passes by, you notice a big ol' tramp stamp on her lower back? Oh man, what a turnoff! Just one tat can ruin everything. The absolute worst ones are chicks with tats on their upper breast area - usually these types of females are ugly to begin with (not sure why).

I married a girl with tattoos. Tons of them. 8 when we married, 9 now. I dont find it unattractive, and I dont find them particularly attractive either -It's the person they are on that counts. I found that they only added to her beauty.
And it's difficult to find a girl (especially younger) without at least one tattoo nowadays.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 AM

30,429 posts, read 52,056,515 times
Quote:

Well, I'm glad you wouldn't date me, since I only date men who judge women on important things - ya know, like personality, intelligence, compassion, shared interests, values, etc? Yes, I have tattoos, no I'm not ugly, and I honestly don't care if they're attractive to anyone else... I got them for myself, and actually it's a good way to filter out the types of guys I don't like.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
it's funny because I was just thinking about this. my friend has an (almost) 2 year old boy. She has TONS of tattoos. I'm wondering if when her kids and the kids of my other friends who have tattoos will end up NOT getting tattoos/piercings when they become teenagers in order to "rebel" so to speak. who knows?
I've thought about that too... but they rebelled with long hair in the 50s-70s, earrings & mohawks in the 80s, and then tattoos in the 90s-00s. So if history means anything, our kids will just find a new way to tick off their parents.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeeq521 View Post
Maybe the better question to ask is "Would a tattooed girl date you?"
LMAO! I bet that out of the guys who've posted here (both tattoo fans & haters), there are maybe one or two I'd date... not trying to say you're losers, but we all have preferences, and I'm rather picky. Btw, I find tattooed men extremely sexy, so I'll happily find an inked man who appreciates mine.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Why would one associate themselves with a convicted felon? They are (were) law breakers. Then again...what were they convicted for? Being a pedophile? Being late on their taxes and not being able to pay them??

I don't mind people saying they wouldn't date a person with tatoos. Or that they think tattoos look ugly on people. In their opinion, it would. But I still stand by what I said in an earlier post of mine about racists. To call people "not classy", or "white trash" (what iabout the black people with tatoos....hmmmmm) or "insecure attention seekers"....to call them names just due to what is on their skin...I feel that you are wrong and are just like the racist people of olden days thinking something about people due to their skin. Not light enough. Not white enough. Not a specific religion. Not artfree.

I probably wouldn't date a man who is all tattooed up like one of the people in a cicus. Only because I don't THINK I would be attracted to someone like that...because I never have been. But I wouldn't dare to assume that he is a piece of trash. Some of the people on these boards (maybe not this post) have proven they might be lacking some class and respect for others...and definitely are seeking attention...and they don't have tatoos.
Thanks for posting that, mrshvo, and their comments (about us being trashy & so forth) are why I only read a few pages of this thread. I'm certainly not "white trash," and in fact FAR from it - ironically, I happen to be a librarian and classical musician, with a Master's degree to boot. So the bottom line is that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover... right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships