Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:54 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,672,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Don't like the "now generation" tattoos or body piercings on either men or women. And, the wife and I choose not to have friends that have either. Call this "judging people" or whatever, but we simply choose this way. Only exception is some old military tattoos.
To keep with the Thread, if either of us were single, NO, we would not date (or continue to date, if found out) a woman or man had tattoos or body

piercings.
No tattoos or body piercings. What other criteria would I need to meet in order to be your friend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 05:35 PM

463 posts, read 648,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Yes but which came first, the tramp or the stamp?
LOL!!! Definatly the tramp

Old 12-24-2007, 05:45 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,805,799 times
Default Amen!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'd be happy to turn down a guy who wouldn't date a girl with tattoos. While I don't have any (yet), the type of guy who would not date someone just because of how they look is not the type of presence I would like to have in my life in any capacity.
I have two. A strawberry on my shoulder and a small bear on lower leg. I've never had a problem getting dates, because of them.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:19 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,695,223 times
Hey girls, if you're into those Chinese calligraphy tattoos...be sure and take a person fluent in the language with you to review your selection.

Some tattoo artists have quite a sense of "humor"!

Old 12-24-2007, 06:36 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,702,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
if I had one or not? Many women get their tats in places that are not readily visible. I have one that is 4 x 6 inches of a long haired fairy sitting atop a crescent moon. It's on my scapula and you will never see it if I don't want you to, even in a bathing suit. I have long hair that covers it. My deceased BIL painted a picture for me 6 months before he suddenly passed away. I so loved the him and the painting I honored him by placing it on my back.
I have had it for 15 years and I am now 50. I did think about the placement of the tat, however. I didn't want it to droop. Now when I'm 70 maybe it will but, then again if I stay in the shape I am now maybe it won't. I do get the color touched up every few years so that there is no fading.

You'd really be up the creek if you met me. LOL I don't advertise it and unless you asked you would never know.
I asked someone earlier if they hurt, i am thinking about one for my 50th, another poster expressed wrinkle concerns, so if you get one with waves?...

Old 12-24-2007, 06:51 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,244,236 times
Seven-

I say go for it! I'm 52 and when I was 30 I got a crescent moon with a woman's face and a star shooting toward it with magenta trails. (shoot for the moon, get it )... I took the nursery rhyme book I had had since a child to show the tatoo artist the moon I wanted.

It is on my back along my shoulder blade and I have two bathing suits- one that shows it, one that doesn't. I've only showed it once when formally dressed.....at a governor's innaugural ball! But I also had a shawl, so it was minimally obvious.

Mine is faded, but only enough to show that it isn't new. I kind of like that about it, too. I'm no Jenny-come-lately to the tatoo scene!

I haven't regretted it for a second. I love it. I don't think you will regret it.

And it didn't hurt much- but I'm sure it all depends where it is placed.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:13 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,702,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Seven-

I say go for it! I'm 52 and when I was 30 I got a crescent moon with a woman's face and a star shooting toward it with magenta trails. (shoot for the moon, get it )... I took the nursery rhyme book I had had since a child to show the tatoo artist the moon I wanted.

It is on my back along my shoulder blade and I have two bathing suits- one that shows it, one that doesn't. I've only showed it once when formally dressed.....at a governor's innaugural ball! But I also had a shawl, so it was minimally obvious.

Mine is faded, but only enough to show that it isn't new. I kind of like that about it, too. I'm no Jenny-come-lately to the tatoo scene!

I haven't regretted it for a second. I love it. I don't think you will regret it.

And it didn't hurt much- but I'm sure it all depends where it is placed.
LOL, thanks for the infor, I am sure placement is definantly a deciding factor, I am leaning towards a TCB message, elvis of course, but I got in trouble for mentioning him on this board. And at my age there will not be alot of bathing suit wearing to have anyone see it And by the way my old man of 25 years would be on the side of the no tats on girls, but he may indulge me this one thing after all these years.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:59 PM

768 posts, read 2,102,664 times
Seven, HIF is right about the placement affecting pain level, and I would think size would affect pain tolerance as well. (Fifteen minutes might be one thing, while two hours might be completely another.) My sister's tat is large, and she found the 2 hours of outlining on her lower back so painful that she never went back to have it colored in. (I've wondered if she had a newbie tattoo artist.)

Then I've had co-workers who've had smaller tats done in less sensitive areas and had no problems.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:42 PM

388 posts, read 329,662 times
IMO, women with tattoos are white trash or crave attention or have insecurities.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:43 PM

15,885 posts, read 21,499,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
IMO, women with tattoos are white trash, crave attention or have insecurities.
So what are judgmental people then? I'm thinking along the lines of white trash, craving attention, and having major insecurities to have SUCH a problem with what another person choses to do with their body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships