Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:53 PM

70 posts, read 46,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Interesting discussion. I could be considered the strong silent type EXCEPT I lack confidence. I'm pretty quiet and women have complained I'm a terrible communicator. I'm aware of it and am trying to improve. I want to be a good partner if I ever find a good woman again. I'll never be a charismatic sweet talker, but hopefully being more secure in my own skin will eventually attract someone. Of course, I have to relocate for that to happen.
You aren't in a terrible place. If you aren't good at communicating you might want to read books and do courses (even expensive ones, it might be worth it for you) on how to be better at expressing yourself. The fact you acknowledge the problem means you are self aware and capable of finding a solution.
You will definitely find a good woman as soon as you overcome your shortcomings and feel comfortable with yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 08:00 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,796,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGi87 View Post
You aren't in a terrible place. If you aren't good at communicating you might want to read books and do courses (even expensive ones, it might be worth it for you) on how to be better at expressing yourself. The fact you acknowledge the problem means you are self aware and capable of finding a solution.
You will definitely find a good woman as soon as you overcome your shortcomings and feel comfortable with yourself.
Thanks for saying that. I've been aware of these issues for a long time, and started working on them a lot after my divorce 7 years ago. I've done workshops, read books, therapy, etc. People tell me all the time they don't understand why I'm not extremely confident. I don't understand it either. I just beat myself up so much over past mistakes. My silence and shyness are mistaken for arrogance. I hate that. Anyway, its a slow process getting to where I need to be. I might do Tony Robbins course next year in Boca Raton. We'll see.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:03 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,642 times
Lol this is an old thread. Try to be like the guys the women swoon over. Try lifting weights and not talking so much. Boom you are now the strong silent type

After you snag your women, you can open up some.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:06 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Lazarus threads. Yeesh. That means somebody actually searched this thread out and gave it CPR.

But let me rephrase the question: Why do so many men go for the women with big boobs and long legs who are dumber than a box of hammers?

Yeah. Same kind of thing.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:16 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,434,741 times
Quote:
Interesting discussion. I could be considered the strong silent type EXCEPT I lack confidence. I'm pretty quiet and women have complained I'm a terrible communicator. I'm aware of it and am trying to improve. I want to be a good partner if I ever find a good woman again. I'll never be a charismatic sweet talker, but hopefully being more secure in my own skin will eventually attract someone. Of course, I have to relocate for that to happen.
Precisely. I've learned that location makes the difference,especially those who feel out of place where they are...

Old 10-30-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Lol this is an old thread. Try to be like the guys the women swoon over. Try lifting weights and not talking so much. Boom you are now the strong silent type

After you snag your women, you can open up some.
So basically be a malleable conformist rather than who you really are...

Old 10-30-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks for saying that. I've been aware of these issues for a long time, and started working on them a lot after my divorce 7 years ago. I've done workshops, read books, therapy, etc. People tell me all the time they don't understand why I'm not extremely confident. I don't understand it either. I just beat myself up so much over past mistakes. My silence and shyness are mistaken for arrogance. I hate that. Anyway, its a slow process getting to where I need to be. I might do Tony Robbins course next year in Boca Raton. We'll see.
You cannot be who you are not. Best you can do is try to accentuate the positives of it.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:04 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,140,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
It's our animal magnetism. Women are a magnet...and we are steel.
k:

Love it!

Old 11-01-2016, 04:15 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,140,088 times
So I'd much rather have a guy that my family thinks is a girly-boy than the pigs I've gone out with in the past that my family thought were "good catches".

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

PIGS!!

men are pigs (grunt grunt grunt) TOO BAD WE OWN EVERYTHING!!!!

Old 11-01-2016, 04:19 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Read a book called "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. It talks about being in the present moment and it really focuses on getting out of one's head. Things like accepting things and understanding that we carry around a lot of baggage and it focuses on just accepting the baggage and working on not lamenting about the fact that we have baggage. A letting go of sorts.

I struggle with being in the "now" as do a lot of people, it's usually the future or the past that garners too much attention from our thoughts.

Start paying more attention to your mind and you'll see that you're probably fixated too much on the past. Practice on clearing your mind of thoughts. Tremendously difficult at a times, but it would be a worthy pursuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships