Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM

92 posts, read 95,908 times

Advertisements

ok. can you all see it?
Attached Thumbnails
Confident or Over-Confident-viewimage.aspx.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceLD View Post
Ok i have this lady who i've talked about on here a couple times and i'm trying to follow through, i've been getting to know her these last couple weeks bit by bit. So i'm confident that this gift i bought her will put a smile on her face, very confident as i have already paid for it. It's a vintage necklace nothing major or expensive. I'm just hoping she likes it, i'm interested of course just wondering any of you think i am being over confident being that we don't know each other that well? Could this help me with her the least?

This actually isn't a valentine's gift, i just noticed the type of jewelry she wears/her dress style and want to do something nice and no i'm not expecting something special from this gesture but cool points lol
Why do you need cool points from her? Do you think she is cooler than you, do you think that you are not cool enough, or do you simply believe that her social value is higher than yours? Keep your money to yourself, it does nothing for your future with this woman, period.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
dont worry so about your confidence level. give the gift. the affects are never wasted.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Don't do it. You want her to like you for you, not what you can give her. I had a guy give me a necklace like this and it was pretty awkward. He showed up at my work and wanted me to open it. I felt really put on the spot and didn't know how to respond as I only considered him a friend. I gave it away to a cousin.

It's not bad to give gifts but I would wait until you are sure of your situation...that you have some sort of romantic connection that goes both ways.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dont worry so about your confidence level. give the gift. the affects are never wasted.
I like this

Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Why do you need cool points from her? Do you think she is cooler than you, do you think that you are not cool enough, or do you simply believe that her social value is higher than yours? Keep your money to yourself, it does nothing for your future with this woman, period.
lol that was kind of a joke.. it has nothing to with money

Old 02-11-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Don't do it. You want her to like you for you, not what you can give her. I had a guy give me a necklace like this and it was pretty awkward. He showed up at my work and wanted me to open it. I felt really put on the spot and didn't know how to respond as I only considered him a friend. I gave it away to a cousin.

It's not bad to give gifts but I would wait until you are sure of your situation...that you have some sort of romantic connection that goes both ways.
Every situation is different i'm not scared as your admirer wasn't but maybe he could have picked a better time there, not that it would have had a better effect but maybe you wouldn't have felt so embarrassed.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM

any opinions on the necklace ?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceLD View Post
Every situation is different i'm not scared as your admirer wasn't but maybe he could have picked a better time there, not that it would have had a better effect but maybe you wouldn't have felt so embarrassed.
I think most of the awkwardness fell into the fact that I realized at that moment this guy was really into me, and that was that main issue. I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
So if you feel it would go over well then go for it! Good luck.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
It doesn't seem to me like you really wanted to see all opinions. You are just looking for some opinions that coincide with what you want to do to make yourself feel better. In any case, good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships