Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 AM

72 posts, read 206,727 times

Advertisements

Did you become more confident as you grew older? Not just with the opposite sex, but life in general?

I was speaking to a relative and he said when you get older you become more confident and self assured. He said there are young people who already have that confidence, but for those who don't have it yet it can also be something that comes naturally with time. He said at his age (41) he's far more confident than when he was my age, and now he does/says whatever he wants when he feels like it, compared to before when he'd always try to please people, be worried about stepping on others toes and didn't want to be perceived as unusual. He also said as you get older you're far quicker to put somebody in their place if they patronize you.

Compared to when you were in your late teens/early 20's, do you feel a lot more confident now that you're more mature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,874 times
Absolutely. I'm very comfortable in my own imperfect skin. I've lost the art of comparing myself to others. I speak up for myself. I don't live my life to please others like I used to. I don't get upset if someone doesn't like me anymore. I love getting older.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,204,524 times
of course,
particularly pertaining to woman..

you learn from your mistakes...the more mistakes you make, the more you learn..
you also learn , that if rejected by a young woman, she doesnt speak for the whole gender of woman..all woman are different- be careful putting them on an un-approachable pedastal

nothing ventured, nothing gained....remember this- its better to ask out 6 woman,,,get rejected by 5 , but one says yes,,,than to avoid rejection, and not asking out any

it takes most people until they are in their late 20's to finally get comfortable in their own skin- old family norms die off,,,you start realizing,,,how you define yourself- thru your own eyes,,not thru the reflection of everyone else.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
Did you become more confident as you grew older? Not just with the opposite sex, but life in general?

I was speaking to a relative and he said when you get older you become more confident and self assured. He said there are young people who already have that confidence, but for those who don't have it yet it can also be something that comes naturally with time. He said at his age (41) he's far more confident than when he was my age, and now he does/says whatever he wants when he feels like it, compared to before when he'd always try to please people, be worried about stepping on others toes and didn't want to be perceived as unusual. He also said as you get older you're far quicker to put somebody in their place if they patronize you.

Compared to when you were in your late teens/early 20's, do you feel a lot more confident now that you're more mature?
He's right. I'm about that age and I feel much more confident now.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,994 times
Absolutely

Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
Hell, yeah.
Didn't realize when I was younger how much more I have to offer than the average person.
Also my self-worth isn't tied up in other people's opinions.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hell, yeah.
Didn't realize when I was younger how much more I have to offer than the average person.
Also my self-worth isn't tied up in other people's opinions.
That is very true. When you see the garbage that is out there in makes you more confident.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,161,549 times
i dont know about confident, but i definitely care less and less what other people think

Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,772,590 times
I've learned that "It's not my business what others think of me"...yes, I am more confident.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:30 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Hell yeah! Once I stopped being scared of what could happen and went for mine, I got more confident, and that bred more success. Now I have more confidence as far as talking to ladies goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships