Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 AM

353 posts, read 399,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
Yeah, if there's no need to know then don't worry about it. I thought you might be talking about potential dates or something where you are hiding how old you actually are.
I have posted my profile on a dating site, and I always use my real age. Although I'm in my early 30s, as I have stated, I look around 24. It's strange when men send me messages (and they are my age) but they look so much older in their pictures. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm aging. LOL

Perhaps it's due to having dark skin and not ever drinking, smoking or partying. Also, I tend to eat very healthy/organic foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,918,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I'm in my early 30's however, most people (based on my looks) think that I'm in my early twenties. Should I just take it as a compliment and not correct them, or should I be honest, and say, thanks, but I'm really in my early 30s.
I guess remaining celibate is the fountain of youth!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM

5,991 posts, read 10,546,144 times
They can assume what they want, and I can assume they intended a compliment, but unless they have a need to know, I feel no need to enlighten them about my real chronological age.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,362,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Age is a man made number that some moron in society somewhere along the line decided was "important" and the shallow end of the society pool followed their leader as usual and it has become "important" enough to make others believe it is way more important than it is.

Bottom line, lie or don't your choice but when you are dead and have become worm food you might be wishing you were still having actual live birthdays that you can announce to everyone your man made number to.

I don't agree with this at all. It's not just some man made number with no relevance. It gives us a reference point to our existence on this planet relative to others. It's necessary in a society to determine moral and ethical conduct and laws (ie age of consent, etc.).

Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,013,489 times
Quote:
I'm in my early 30's however, most people (based on my looks) think that I'm in my early twenties. Should I just take it as a compliment and not correct them, or should I be honest, and say, thanks, but I'm really in my early 30s.
I would suggest you enjoy it as long as you can. By all means, do correct them, but enjoy it.

I correct people all the time. I am constantly taken for someone much younger. Constantly.

Just last week, a woman that was celebrating her 53rd birthday grabbed my arm and strongly hinted that she wanted a man younger than she is. (Very strongly, it was UNMISTAKABLE) She thought I'm only 45. I pulled out my wallet and let her take a look at my driver's license. I'm 67 and collecting my retirement.

Do take it as a compliment, and enjoy. Bask in it if you wish. But, don't have a problem correcting them either. Smile when you do.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,362,994 times
Quote:
I have posted my profile on a dating site, and I always use my real age. Although I'm in my early 30s, as I have stated, I look around 24. It's strange when men send me messages (and they are my age) but they look so much older in their pictures. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm aging. LOL

Perhaps it's due to having dark skin and not ever drinking, smoking or partying. Also, I tend to eat very healthy/organic foods.
Yeah, I understand. I look pretty young for my age as well. I just turned 30 this past year but can easily pass for a college aged guy. I think this quality is found to be less attractive in guys unfortunately.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM

8,762 posts, read 9,544,601 times
I'm truthful about my age, but I'm starting to rethink it since often times people I'll be having a great time with will suddenly see me in a different light when they find out I'm not in their age group. I'll never forget the time I was attending this beach event and the gal friend introduced me as her substitute mother. I was mortified and the look on the other people's faces was like, wtfuzzball. I wanted to be her mother in that moment and take her over my knees or give her a swipe on the kisser. Then again maybe they're wtfreakout look was that my friend was a very pale white women and I am nicely roasted dark brown women. But prior to my telling her and other people in our groups we participate in activities with, they all thought I was close to their age. 30's-40's, I wasn't trying to promote that idea, the age thing hadn't come up in the begining. Though they did often wonder why I moved at such a slow pace.

Being that I do have a daughter my friends age, would be difficult to explain that so will stick with me real age hard enough explaining it as it stands. sigh

Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,708,348 times
I'm 38 but everyone who meets me assumes I'm in my 20s. I have no prob elm telling them my real age. I love their reactions! Then when I tell them I have seven kids and am in such good shape, even better reaction!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,218,994 times
People tell me I look 34/35 in the course of conversation. I then tell them I am 44 and (figuratively) watch jaws drop. I take good care of myself. as for dating I would be forthright about my age. especially if dating a younger woman (I do get flirted with by younger women from time to time). If its a problem for her, so be it. if not, great. I would not lie.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:50 PM

20,002 posts, read 30,539,044 times
if someone asks my age,,,i tell them, im 288 in dog years, but feel much younger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships