Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
The deathspell for men is shyness. It's impossible to get anywhere as a man if you're even the slightest bit shy

Don't listen to the BS here from the women. They would rather date a guy who is unemployed and overweight but is not shy vs a guy who is a great catch all around but is a little shy
If you are shy.....remember.....women will not like you unless they get to know you. Shy guys do better in settings where there is a natural excuse for interactions. Activity groups, volunteering, mutual friends....

But if you are at home surfing the web or playing video games all the time....you are not really going to meet anyone.

I have a former coworker. He is shy. He is a nerd. He was home schooled -- so he had few peers his age. He is a first generation immigrant and his parents were loners. He graduated from college at 18. And he lived at home until he was 20.

As you can imagine....his social circle in his "prime years" was pretty limited. He had no experience with women. He actually met his first girlfriend on a message board. He moved out, got roommates. He started socializing with his peers for the first time in his early 20s.

Today...he does pretty well with women..... he is good at talking to people, and when he goes out in a group he meets all the people there. He does better when there is a natural interaction and he has a much easier time meeting people (including women) now than he did when we worked together.

I have known him for about 8 or 9 years now....world of difference!

You have to get out there. Even when you are shy. But you don't need to morph into the life of the party.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The OP is referring to all the posters on here obsessed with certain races and types of people. He's wondering why all the idiots come here and ask "how do I get latina women?" "how do I pick up a white girl?" "I think black women are hot, how do I get them?"

OP, I like your post... and yes I agree people here can be ridiculous. You pick up all women the same way. By talking to them and treating them well.
Exactly, except for the "He's part". lol. There is just an enormous amount of threads like this. It's best to simply view us women as women first and foremost.

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
What's worse than a shy guy is a shy guy who brushes you off when you try to be nice to them and talk to them. Even if you aren't their type or they don't like you, I think they could at least be courteous and polite and even a little relieved that someone is giving them a chance to open up. Sounds like the dudes here who are extremely shy and picky.

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Exactly, except for the "He's part". lol. There is just an enormous amount of threads like this. It's best to simply view us women as women first and foremost.
I prefer to view you as green skinned Martians...it amuses me more.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Take me to your leader

Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Marvin the martian?

Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times

Mars Attacks funny scene - We Come in Peace - YouTube

Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
I know what it's like to be shy. but since I joined a photo arts group I can speak with anyone in the club. men or women. I can also speak to the entire group during critiquing of our images. this was extremely difficult at first. my photography is also an icebreaker. as I mentioned in another thread about my nyc gallery trip/photo shoot. I have a feeling I will find the lady for me this year.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM

78 posts, read 381,237 times
Hmmm for some reason I believe I am the subject of this thread... XD

Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I know what it's like to be shy. but since I joined a photo arts group I can speak with anyone in the club. men or women. I can also speak to the entire group during critiquing of our images. this was extremely difficult at first. my photography is also an icebreaker. as I mentioned in another thread about my nyc gallery trip/photo shoot. I have a feeling I will find the lady for me this year.
This is great! Let us know how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships