Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,743,311 times

Advertisements

1. If you can't approach a girl, it is because your desire for sex can't overcome your shyness or sense of unworthyness.
2. One's desire for sex is a product of nature; one's enjoyment of sex is a product of nurture.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,164,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Its just post after post after post about how to attract this group, or that group, or why this group of women isn't into that group of men. How difficult could it be. Just go up to a woman, introduce yourself, ask her what her name is, make some simple conversation, ask the girl for her number, or out to dinner, or out to the movies, or whatever. If she says no, then move on to the next. Be yourself. If your of a different race than she is, it is no different than approaching a woman of your race. The exception would be a language barrier, but even that is possible to get beyond if there is enough interest. Maybe I am just use to confident and assertive men. I just don't get all of these lame and whiny threads.
If only it were that simple. For starters, getting a woman's number means nothing nowadays. 20 years ago, heck even 10, and it could be thought of as a stepping stone to getting a date. These days the game has changed. Technology is often used as a buffers by many women in order to filter out men they don't want to interact with. Then you've got the changes in hookup culture and how a lot/most women don't respond to the old cues men relied upon to get female interest. See also: the nice guy vs jerk debate. Lastly, a ton of guys simply don't have the social acumen to interact with women in a social setting without putting the women off. I attribute this one to so many men being raised by single mothers with little to no male role models to teach them the difference regarding what women say they want and what they actually respond to.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 AM

78 posts, read 136,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
The deathspell for men is shyness. It's impossible to get anywhere as a man if you're even the slightest bit shy

Don't listen to the BS here from the women. They would rather date a guy who is unemployed and overweight but is not shy vs a guy who is a great catch all around but is a little shy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Thank you for speaking for all of womankind.

And for being 100% wrong.

Never in my entire life have I ever met a woman who denigrated a shy man. Ever. Shyness in a man can oftentimes be cute, adorable and alluring. Show me one female on earth who would prefer to date an obese hog with no job over a dude that is "a little shy."

This has got to be top 10 all-time ridiculous "theories" on a Forum full of 'em.

Although what he wrote is extreme, his post does have some truth to it. Women, especially American women, are disgusted by shyness. I'm not sure how women in the non western world view shyness, but the ones in this country see it as a huge turn off. In fact the vast majority of Americans despise quiet people.

When it comes to dating, the worst thing a man can be is shy. If you're a shy male, you better learn to overcome it quickly, because I can guarantee you won't ever get a girlfriend (unless you're extremely good looking). I know a lot of drug dealers and unemployed bums in my neighborhood who have women lining up at their door ready to open their legs. These women always bail them out of jail. So why are these guys irresistible to women but nice, polite level-headed nerds who have a job can't? It's because nerds are usually too introvert. You don't need money to get women. You don't need to be employed. You don't need nice clothes. You don't even need to have good hygiene. But you do need personality.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Quoted for truth. What bothers me even more is that "men" these days (now I'm talking about straight men only) have that annoying NPR voice. You know, that sexually neutral/metrosexual tone devoid of any masculinity.

This is extremely true. Looking back to my high school days, my shyness cost me several dates and potential girlfriends. I would not be with the woman I love today if I stayed inside my shell and didn't take the initiative like I always did when I was 14-18. Boys, you need to make the first move, that's not a woman's job or place to do.
No, not in 2013. Women are equal now in this country. That's what they wanted. So now they can do 50% of the work. They can't have equality and still expect to be treated like a princess at the same time. It's not going to happen.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:40 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighScience View Post
No, not in 2013. Women are equal now in this country. That's what they wanted. So now they can do 50% of the work. They can't have equality and still expect to be treated like a princess at the same time. It's not going to happen.
Lol, blame daddy for spoiling their daughters like that. I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately that's just a theory, except in certain parts of the country like outer suburbia where conservatism dominates.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol, blame daddy for spoiling their daughters like that. I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately that's just a theory, except in certain parts of the country like outer suburbia where conservatism dominates.
I agree with you. The problem is that too many of these women have been told they're "worth it" and expect to be treated like a princess. They want equality in 2013 only when it benefits them. As soon as they realize that equality also means you have to do 50% of the work, they suddenly want it to be like the old days again. You can't have it both ways, ladies. They keep talking about how independent and strong they are, but they don't seem to be strong enough to ever make the first move or buy their own drinks.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,272,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighScience View Post
I agree with you. The problem is that too many of these women have been told they're "worth it" and expect to be treated like a princess. They want equality in 2013 only when it benefits them. As soon as they realize that equality also means you have to do 50% of the work, they suddenly want it to be like the old days again. You can't have it both ways, ladies. They keep talking about how independent and strong they are, but they don't seem to be strong enough to ever make the first move or buy their own drinks.
I agree with this statement 100% most women want to an equal in a relationship which I understand and would expect however they only want to an equal when it's beneficial for them.

"Everyone MEN or WOMEN like to be treated and to be taken out I don't feel it should always be left to the men to treat the women, if we want to be treated like equals in a relationship then it should be completely equal not just when and where we decide"

Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,402,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
Men on CD have no balls!

Sides me of course. I actually have a gf. One of 4 men on CD who actually has a gf.
didnt u just say ur gf came up to u?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:25 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,600,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
The deathspell for men is shyness. It's impossible to get anywhere as a man if you're even the slightest bit shy

Don't listen to the BS here from the women. They would rather date a guy who is unemployed and overweight but is not shy vs a guy who is a great catch all around but is a little shy
While I do think that people are better off NOT being shy, you are wrong to a large extent. Severe lack of confidence (especially self-confidence), extreme insecurity, failure to DO things in your OWN life that make you noticeable and interesting to others, and an unwillingness to openly show genuine interest in the lives of other people are arguably much bigger detriments. There are people who aren't shy who are VERY insecure.

Only the extreme shy (such as someone who can't even start a conversation - as JetJockey mentioned) are going to have serious trouble. And yes they are boring...they aren't offering anything to capture and hold the attention of the woman...i.e. they have zero personality. It's the equivalent of staring at a whiteboard with nothing written on it, or staring at a TV that's displaying nothing but snow and static.

Shyness can be overcome and defeated, if the man is willing to put in a little effort. There are MANY avenues to doing so, but just about all of them share the same principle: put yourself out there in the presence of other people, relax, socialize and do stuff. Do not confuse shyness with social anxiety or SAD.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,142,748 times
Some make it sound as if quasi moto can get a g/f as long as he is a great conservationalist. BS, I've been a shy, quiet, introvert all my life and have had a fair amount of success. Some women don't like guys that blab all the time, some women like a guy that has an element of mystery about them.

Last edited by Sgt. Buzzcut; 01-05-2013 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.