Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,705,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
For some men, like me, it's impossible.

People are very superficial these days and the competition is strong and if you have don't have the looks, the money or you are not a celebrity or a model then you stand absolutely no chance with a certain league of women.
This is what you do Mr. Freak tell that league to go !@#$ itself and go on and do you. Its hard but you have find the chill folks among those rat race daters.

Also folks have always been superficial don't their list of demands.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,671,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Source for these outrageous stats? And who's getting the [Bleep.] in these scenarios? Let me guess...the men? Or did the survey not analyze that detail?
Percent of women who have sex on the first online dating encounter - 33 %

Online Dating Statistics | Statistic Brain

During the five-month survey, which began in July 2002, 568 of the women met face-to-face with at least one man with whom their first contact was online. After taking precautions to ensure their safety during the first in-person encounter, 30 percent of the women reported having sex during that date, and 77 percent of those did not use condoms, Padgett reported.

1 in 3 female online daters report first-date sex - Houston Chronicle

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-19-2020 at 04:09 PM..

Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,128,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post

During the five-month survey, which began in July 2002, 568 of the women met face-to-face with at least one man with whom their first contact was online. After taking precautions to ensure their safety during the first in-person encounter, 30 percent of the women reported having sex during that date, and 77 percent of those did not use condoms, Padgett reported.

I could buy that.

Ruth4Truth, there are some good people in online dating.. but you should see some of the trash on there. lol That study is a very small sample, who knows the type of people they used.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,251,950 times
Some men have to work harder then others to have dating success. We all don't have the same options, its the same with women

Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM

102,607 posts, read 109,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post

How do we know that survey-takers represented a broad spectrum of online daters? How do we know the respondents didn't self-select for those with a higher tendency to have sex on the first date?

Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,282,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Its just post after post after post about how to attract this group, or that group, or why this group of women isn't into that group of men. How difficult could it be. Just go up to a woman, introduce yourself, ask her what her name is, make some simple conversation, ask the girl for her number, or out to dinner, or out to the movies, or whatever. If she says no, then move on to the next. Be yourself. If your of a different race than she is, it is no different than approaching a woman of your race. The exception would be a language barrier, but even that is possible to get beyond if there is enough interest. Maybe I am just use to confident and assertive men. I just don't get all of these lame and whiny threads.
Then keep dealing with confident assertive men and don't pay the ones who aren't no mind. It's hard for some people to find a date. Be thankful you can.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:05 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,002,713 times
All the confidence in the world will still not be enough for SOME men to attract CERTAIN women.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,795,509 times
Quote:
How do we know that survey-takers represented a broad spectrum of online daters? How do we know the respondents didn't self-select for those with a higher tendency to have sex on the first date?
Actually...I can believe it.

That's probably why it can be so hard for a decent woman to find a decent man online. Most men are just on there to get laid and leave.

Old 01-19-2020, 04:45 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,214,905 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

It works for me. I am tall, medium and average, and as long as I hit a few of the alleged 20 qualities they are looking for I am likely to get a smile. Some of this smiles lead to dates. Some of those dates lead to relationships do some type.

It is a numbers thing, and of the approaches that don’t work out, sometimes it is the woman who loses interest in me, sometimes I lose interest in her. Some of those relationships are short and shallow, some are long term and serious.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-19-2020 at 04:00 PM..

Old 01-19-2020, 06:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,367,723 times
Quote:
Source for these outrageous stats? And who's getting the oral sex in these scenarios? Let me guess...the men? Or did the survey not analyze that detail?
Hardly an outrageous stat. In my experience its mutual. Heck, most ltrs I have had, including the partner I had for the last two years, started like this. There was instant chemistry and we explored it.

Of course I see some later on posts implying women who like to have sex right away can't be quality women, which is a sign of mysogyny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships