Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,159,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
wow there is no way, I live in flake city usa and I get on average 3/10 but girls will give their numbers to you and then flake on you. I would rather them say no.
What city is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,159,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Haha I did PUA in NYC too.

It worked EXTREMELY well for me. But I generally didn't follow many of the "rules" and basically used it as a tool for self improvement.

I found many of the NYC PUA guys to be weird. The Long Island guys are really cool though and they're actually good. I learned most of what I know from them.
The sad thing is that women know about PUA scene aroud here and can point out certain guys who are PUAs. It also varies by what subcultures I would talk too, example if I was speaking to a ghetto chick with proper English she will be turned off and vice versa if talking to a Waspy chick from small town USA living it up in the big city.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:08 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,231,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The sad thing is that women know about PUA scene aroud here and can point out certain guys who are PUAs. It also varies by what subcultures I would talk too, example if I was speaking to a ghetto chick with proper English she will be turned off and vice versa if talking to a Waspy chick from small town USA living it up in the big city.
Too many people know about it. You can't go up to someone and do a generic opinion opener. I don't like that kind of stuff anyway. It doesn't fit my personality.

Generally, my game now (what it has evolved into) allows me to talk to anybody really. Like I said, I got lucky and met some of the more normal guys in PUA....the guys that were similar to me when I first started: normal guys that got some girls already, but wanted higher quality.

I definitely think PUA is good for guys that don't have experience with women. Even doing a lot of the dumb things (like negging) is better than nothing. You have to start somewhere and some of these guys are so behind that they really need to go balls to the wall. PUA allows one to do that.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM

11,843 posts, read 12,125,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't really think about it like that. I don't care if a girl is into me or not. I talk to everyone, guys and girls wherever I am. If I enjoy a conversation I have, I invite her out. Some want to go out with you, others don't.

The worst thing you can do is think about whether or not someone likes you. If you like them, you ask them.
^^^This. That's the thing, it's a date, not a lifetime commitment. This is why I don't understand the appeal of wanting to be friends first before dating. It's investing too much time into something that may not go anywhere. If you go right for that first date, there's your opportunity to get to know the person better.

When I was younger, the fact that someone showed interest in wanting to go on a date was enough for me. I didn't need to be their pal, know everything about them first. A guy was interested and he seemed nice enough and didn't give off a weird vibe...what the heck, why not go on a date and see what happens. No need to overthink it.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^This. That's the thing, it's a date, not a lifetime commitment. This is why I don't understand the appeal of wanting to be friends first before dating. It's investing too much time into something that may not go anywhere. If you go right for that first date, there's your opportunity to get to know the person better.

When I was younger, the fact that someone showed interest in wanting to go on a date was enough for me. I didn't need to be their pal, know everything about them first. A guy was interested and he seemed nice enough and didn't give off a weird vibe...what the heck, why not go on a date and see what happens. No need to overthink it.
I agree, but not everyone is as open to things as we are. Many girls (and I'd imagine many guys) can be pretty close-minded.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 PM

2,037 posts, read 3,001,740 times
PUA is a joke. A cottage industry.

if she does not like you you can't trick your way into her pants (more than twice).

Old 12-10-2012, 04:36 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,977,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

IME experience, the better looking the guy, the greater his success rate for approaches to phone number etc.
I have met some self proclaimed 'ladies men'. That attitude usually only works in high school and a couple years after.
After that, the guy has to be pretty good looking, or have a trait about him that makes him unique. And I don't mean in a "everyone is unique" kind of way.
If you aren't hot, or unique in some way (in a band/ artist/ comedian), friend first is usually how people I know date that aren't PUA, or online dating.
These guys that do PUA's sell it like ANYONE can do it. Maybe at 22 years old. But by 30, if you aren't any of the above mentioned unique, then the PUA probably won't work for you.
I have NEVER met/had a friend that went from 'average' to a ladies man. They either were a ladies man from the beginning (high school years), or never REALLY become a ladies man. Some guys grow out of their shell, and in their early 20's discover they can meet women with ease, and get phone numbers and dates with almost anyone THEY want. But that doesn't happen often. It is simply attraction. If you don't have something to attract, you are fubar'ed.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,611,999 times
most of the men who are good with women have been good with them since puberty, since that is when people start getting attracted to the oppossite sex sexually

Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
IME experience, the better looking the guy, the greater his success rate for approaches to phone number etc.
I have met some self proclaimed 'ladies men'. That attitude usually only works in high school and a couple years after.
After that, the guy has to be pretty good looking, or have a trait about him that makes him unique. And I don't mean in a "everyone is unique" kind of way.
If you aren't hot, or unique in some way (in a band/ artist/ comedian), friend first is usually how people I know date that aren't PUA, or online dating.
These guys that do PUA's sell it like ANYONE can do it. Maybe at 22 years old. But by 30, if you aren't any of the above mentioned unique, then the PUA probably won't work for you.
I have NEVER met/had a friend that went from 'average' to a ladies man. They either were a ladies man from the beginning (high school years), or never REALLY become a ladies man. Some guys grow out of their shell, and in their early 20's discover they can meet women with ease, and get phone numbers and dates with almost anyone THEY want. But that doesn't happen often. It is simply attraction. If you don't have something to attract, you are fubar'ed.
Anyone CAN do it.

I've personally seen total nerds turn into complete rock stars. This one guy I know was one of the most awkward people I've ever met (he actually went up to girls and asked them if they were pregnant....and he seriously thought that was okay). He put in TONS of work and 3 years later, he has girls all over the place. He actually just started dating a cutie. Guess how old he is: 37.

Last edited by CaptainJack87; 12-18-2012 at 09:29 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM

904 posts, read 1,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
most of the men who are good with women have been good with them since puberty, since that is when people start getting attracted to the oppossite sex sexually
I completely disagree with this. I was an abject failure at puberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships