Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:31 AM

199 posts, read 490,869 times

Advertisements

I am sure that there are a lot of young fellas like me that are attracted to older women. Lately I have noticed I have seen so many fine looking older women. I have never tried to approach them even though inside im ding to because I feel like I would come of as disrespectful because of the age difference. What would be your honest reaction if a younger guy approaches you? By younger I mean the guy is in his early 20s and the women in her early to mid 30s. Would MOST women feel like their a rapist or weird about age difference and would they think its too inappropriate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
I don't know. Significantly younger, you mean? As in, more than 10 years? I think I'd have to get to know the guy first, or I'd be thinking, "mini-horndog."

But if the guy took the time to know me and still wanted to get to know me, well, better, then why not?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,940 times
I'd venture to say women at that age range may see a young man like yourself as eye candy and nothing more. There may be cases when the two personalities click so well that the age gap is not as big a factor.

But what then? If she's 30 to 35 and you're 22, and suddenly she begins to desire marriage, what are you going to do? Settle down that young?

Furthermore, they'll be miles ahead of you in terms of life experience, relationships, maturity, finances, career, etc. Of course, there are women (and men) in the 30-35 age range who are yet to get their stuff aligned. But by and large, they'll already have left behind much of what is new and novel to you.

If I were 22 again, I'd do little other than observe and admire from afar. Stick to women in your own age range - the time will come when you will be too old for women of your age, and you'll HAVE to target women in the 30 to 35 range.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:20 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
My 26 year old son is engaged to a 40 year old. They appear to be one of those rare couples who compliment each other so well you don't see an age difference. They're so much alike and so cute together. Since the 2nd week they met they've not been apart. It's been a year so far. I hope it lasts. My daughter and I both think they're great for each other.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
It would probably depend on what you are seeking to get out of it. You are attracted to older women but will you have anything in common with them? Are you looking for a relationship or just something casual?

I'm in my mid-30's and if I were single and someone in their younger 20's showed interest I'd be flattered at first but I doubt I'd persue it. I wouldn't be offended but honestly I'd probably assume you are trying to put a notch in the bedpost by conquering a "cougar".

But, there is someone for everyone and maybe there is an older lady out there that would be interested. Never know until you try.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
It would probably depend on what you are seeking to get out of it. You are attracted to older women but will you have anything in common with them? Are you looking for a relationship or just something casual?

I'm in my mid-30's and if I were single and someone in their younger 20's showed interest I'd be flattered at first but I doubt I'd persue it. I wouldn't be offended but honestly I'd probably assume you are trying to put a notch in the bedpost by conquering a "cougar".

But, there is someone for everyone and maybe there is an older lady out there that would be interested. Never know until you try.
^This.

Women in their early 20s are less experienced than women who are 10-15 years older - some of them lack the "jerk" radar that experience builds.

Women do not want to be seen as just another "lay," regardless of how dashing and handsome the young pursuer is.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:22 PM

199 posts, read 490,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

Honestly I would not expect anything serious but im not the type of guy who will try and jump right into bed with a girl. I have only been with 2 girls and I got to know them first before anything happened and its not like I did it to brag its just attraction causes the pot to stir. So for the most part would u conclude that most older women would rather avoid the situation?

Old 10-25-2010, 01:26 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
Honestly I would not expect anything serious but im not the type of guy who will try and jump right into bed with a girl. I have only been with 2 girls and I got to know them first before anything happened and its not like I did it to brag its just attraction causes the pot to stir. So for the most part would u conclude that most older women would rather avoid the situation?

I can't speak for all older women but I would avoid it.

Like I said though, different strokes for different folks and I'm sure there are some older women that would love the opportunity to be with a younger man.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:23 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,057 times
I've had a lot of younger men ask me out lately. While it is flattering I have turned most down.

Most are just too casual and don't seem to have much depth. I remember the last younger man to ask me out all he could talk about was either football or what bars he liked to drink at.

However, it's amazing what working full time can do. One guy (24) who asked me was still in grad school. He still acts very much like your typical undergrad. Another guy that asked me that I did say yes to is 25 and has worked for 2 years. It is like night and day the differences in their maturity and their conversation skills.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:40 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
Perhaps the "older woman" can show the younger guy a thing or two huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships