Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 PM

541 posts, read 2,139,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
My son's friends hit on me all the time. I find it flattering, but the age difference is just too much. I'm 48, I'd consider dating someone as young as 30 if I weren't in a serious relationship already (with a man ten years my junior). I highly recommend younger men. Before I was 40 I wouldn't have considered it, but about that time the men my age started looking fat and slow, and the younger men started coming out of the woodwork wanting to date me. The young men were doing the asking, and they could keep up with me, whereas men my age were wanting to sit home on their couch and not do anything fun, plus they let themselves go, so I had no interest in them anymore.

Younger men for the win.
I agree with this. I am 49, about to turn 50. My husband recently turned 38. When I was in my early to mid 30's, I doubt I would have considered such and age difference, but as I've become older, I much prefer younger men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
So what if the younger guy just wanted some "fun" would older women be up to it? For the most part I dont think either a older women or younger guy would want a relationship with each other but the physical attraction might be there and that is something that cant be controlled. I know a lot of my friends find some older women to be very attractive but do older women find younger guys physically attractive?
I don't find that to be true at all. I know many married couples where the woman is significantly older than the man and they are perfectly happy, myself included!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 09:18 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times
Quote:
Soo I got my conclusion. Older women do think about younger guys they just scared to look like pedos lol
IWW, rule number 1 in romance is never refer to a women as "An Older Woman". The word older needs to be eliminated from your vocabulary unless you're in a museum.

As you get older you'll find women do get better with age.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 PM

174 posts, read 326,978 times
Quote:
I am sure that there are a lot of young fellas like me that are attracted to older women. Lately I have noticed I have seen so many fine looking older women. I have never tried to approach them even though inside im ding to because I feel like I would come of as disrespectful because of the age difference. What would be your honest reaction if a younger guy approaches you? By younger I mean the guy is in his early 20s and the women in her early to mid 30s. Would MOST women feel like their a rapist or weird about age difference and would they think its too inappropriate?

Oh no, it would be flattering to tell you the truth. i get approached by younger guys all the time. In fact, that's all that seems to be attracted to me. I don't take it seriously though but younger men enjoy an older woman's frankness and directness.....no games.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
IWW, rule number 1 in romance is never refer to a women as "An Older Woman". The word older needs to be eliminated from your vocabulary unless you're in a museum.

As you get older you'll find women do get better with age.
LOL, see now I disagree. While being described as "old" is not preferable, using it as a method to describe the age difference is okay.

If the boy is early 20's then yes...I'd be an older women to him (mid 30's). The term I can't stand is "mature woman". To me that implys boring, stiff and lacking in any kind of excitement or fun.

Now if someone called me an "old woman" I'd be insulted!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LOL, see now I disagree. While being described as "old" is not preferable, using it as a method to describe the age difference is okay.
Your gender icon doesn't indicate you're a woman... I'd go with Rakin on this one! As a matter of fact, I go with Rakin on most issues regarding women. He knows his stuff!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Your gender icon doesn't indicate you're a woman... I'd go with Rakin on this one! As a matter of fact, I go with Rakin on most issues regarding women. He knows his stuff!
I just fixed that. I guess if you don't choose a gender in your profile it makes you a man

Old 10-26-2010, 02:37 PM

929 posts, read 1,905,165 times
Hmmm city-data should add a older woman/younger man profiles subsection..I'd be totally willing to post my (younger man) photos...and be curious to hear the responses of these "older women"

Old 10-26-2010, 02:37 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,330,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I agree Sierra! I tried to rep him but I'm all out for 24 hours He knows his stuff about women!

I don't want to be called old, mature, cougar, etc. I want to be called "dayyyyuuuummm" with a side of drool please!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I agree Sierra! I tried to rep him but I'm all out for 24 hours He knows his stuff about women!

I don't want to be called old, mature, cougar, etc. I want to be called "dayyyyuuuummm" with a side of drool please!
Exactly! You know women, you get women ; you don't know women, you don't get women! It's as simple as that!

You can write 10-paragraph essays here every day defending your standpoints - it ain't gonna make a damn difference!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post

LOL...well heck I'd take Dayyyyuuuummm anyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships