Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,980,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
So you're saying that 9/10 numbers you got from women you were interested in ended up being a date?

That seems like an astonishingly high number. Did you not get a decent number of women who had boyfriends but still gave you their number (but did not come out)?

I'm not sure, it could be closer to 8/10, but I just honestly can't think of too many times I've gotten a number and not have a girl want to go out.

I can think of one time specifically, I got a Colombian girl's number who was, in my opinion below my standards. Either way, I got her number and shot her a text and she took a day to respond. I responded right back normally, then she waited 2 days, and I responded back. She waited another day and I got the hint.

Most women want to be asked out and want to go out, it's just a matter of doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 05:30 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,446,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
As an adult I have never struck out getting an initial date.

Me either that I can remember. For a couple of main reasons 1) I'm picky, I don't ask alot out 2) I find out if they are available and if I think the interest is recipracle before asking.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,681,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Me either that I can remember. For a couple of main reasons 1) I'm picky, I don't ask alot out 2) I find out if they are available and if I think the interest is recipracle before asking.

That makes sense, do you just ask them if they're single?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,980,572 times
Quote:
That makes sense, do you just ask them if they're single?
No you don't ask them if they're single.

You ask them out if you like them and don't worry if they are single, if they like you or what they're thinking.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM

904 posts, read 1,384,428 times
Quote:
I think that applies both for making friends and getting girls

Still I would be curious to know how many girls you would have to talk to on average before one of them would agree to go out on a date with you
As I said, as an adult I have never struck out getting that first date. I don't track numbers. When I was single I talked to people, got to know them, and if I enjoyed them and thought they enjoyed me asked them out. There were some girls I didn't ask out who are now friends, there are some girls I went out with and we decided we weren't relationship material and they are friends, and there are some girls went out with who I have never seen again.

You make dating sound like a World of Warcraft skill grind where you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and eventually you get lucky and craft some really awesome item. That's not the way it works. Dating is really no different than building any other sort of relationship. You meet people you enjoy, you spend time with them. Eventually you might decide that you really enjoy someone and want to make a different kind of commitment to them. It's not rocket science.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,580,877 times
Quote:
On average, How many numbers does it take for you guys to get 1 date?

If you get 10 numbers in a month, can you turn that into at least 5 dates?
Numbers don't mean anything in today's America where women flake on a whim. They will find any excuse to flake on you. So if I were you I would focus on having sex with her on the first meet then get the number if the logistics are bad for you.

This PUA lives in NYC and he is good looking, tall, went to Harvard so he is really intelligent, etc. yet he only has sex with 1 woman for every 11 numbers he gets. So at best you are going to need 10 numbers to find a successful woman.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
It's not rocket science.

I know, the difficulty is not being afraid to approach (a huge challenge in itself for lots of guys, including myself) and then being yourself the whole time you're with her

Old 12-09-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Numbers don't mean anything in today's America where women flake on a whim. They will find any excuse to flake on you. So if I were you I would focus on having sex with her on the first meet then get the number if the logistics are bad for you.

This PUA lives in NYC and he is good looking, tall, went to Harvard so he is really intelligent, etc. yet he only has sex with 1 woman for every 11 numbers he gets. So at best you are going to need 10 numbers to find a successful woman.

Hard to believe that guy only scores at that number. I saw an experiment done on POF with a guy posing as a male model and nearly every woman seemed to agree to having sex with him

Not that any of this really matters for me, I don't even care about sex...just looking for a girlfriend

Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,572,159 times
Quote:
On average, How many numbers does it take for you guys to get 1 date?

If you get 10 numbers in a month, can you turn that into at least 5 dates?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM

904 posts, read 1,384,428 times
Quote:
I know, the difficulty is not being afraid to approach (a huge challenge in itself for lots of guys, including myself) and then being yourself the whole time you're with her
Believe me, I've been there and understand that. You notice I qualified my statement as my history as an adult. I can remember like it was yesterday, spending two weeks working up the nerve to ask out the cute high school volleyball player, finally working up the nerve and then getting shot down in flames.

It was only as I got older that I realized what I've been trying to say to you. Just be yourself, don't worry about getting a date. Build relationships and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships