Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:07 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times

Advertisements

On average, How many numbers does it take for you guys to get 1 date?

If you get 10 numbers in a month, can you turn that into at least 5 dates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Back when I was dating, I'd say 90% of the numbers I got resulted in dates. Ask for their number, text them the next or same day and ask em out shortly after. Then, continue texting them til the date.

The only times they didn't work out were with girls who I invited to come out golfing with me. They didn't work, but the only reason I did that was because I was leaving that city in a week.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
As an adult I have never struck out getting an initial date.

The thing is, it's not a numbers game. It's not a game at all. It's getting to know people, and when you discover someone you think won't turn you down, asking them out.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
On average, How many numbers does it take for you guys to get 1 date?
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Quote:
If you get 10 numbers in a month, can you turn that into at least 5 dates?
Maybe more, maybe less, maybe exactly 5

Last edited by filihok; 12-09-2012 at 05:19 PM..

Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post

The thing is, it's not a numbers game. It's not a game at all. It's getting to know people, and when you discover someone you think won't turn you down, asking them out.
Exactly right. When you talk to women, it's natural to gauge compatibility as you're talking. But don't talk to them just to hit on them or with the purpose of trying to land a date.

Just try to get to learn more about her and you'll get a better sense of whether there is interest on either side. If you ask selectively, your success rate will be high (but the n won't be, which is OK).

Old 12-09-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Back when I was dating, I'd say 90% of the numbers I got resulted in dates. Ask for their number, text them the next or same day and ask em out shortly after. Then, continue texting them til the date.

The only times they didn't work out were with girls who I invited to come out golfing with me. They didn't work, but the only reason I did that was because I was leaving that city in a week.

That's an astonishing rate. Did you ever ask out women who you were not 100% sure they were into you?

Quote:
LOL wut? every number you ever got was a date?

Quote:

I totally agree with you, I was just curious

Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
That's an astonishing rate. Did you ever ask out women who you were not 100% sure they were into you?

I don't really think about it like that. I don't care if a girl is into me or not. I talk to everyone, guys and girls wherever I am. If I enjoy a conversation I have, I invite her out. Some want to go out with you, others don't.

The worst thing you can do is think about whether or not someone likes you. If you like them, you ask them.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
I just reread my post and I'm not happy with how I said what I said so I'm going to amend it.

It's not a game at all. It's getting to know people, and when you discover someone whose company you enjoy and you think they would be willing to go out with you, asking them.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't really think about it like that. I don't care if a girl is into me or not. I talk to everyone, guys and girls wherever I am. If I enjoy a conversation I have, I invite her out. Some want to go out with you, others don't.

The worst thing you can do is think about whether or not someone likes you. If you like them, you ask them.

So you're saying that 9/10 numbers you got from women you were interested in ended up being a date?

That seems like an astonishingly high number. Did you not get a decent number of women who had boyfriends but still gave you their number (but did not come out)?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
It's not a game at all. It's getting to know people, and when you discover someone whose company you enjoy and you think they would be willing to go out with you, asking them.

I think that applies both for making friends and getting girls

Still I would be curious to know how many girls you would have to talk to on average before one of them would agree to go out on a date with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships