Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM

701 posts, read 1,568,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have embraced my kinky curly hair and rarely straighten it (once or twice a year maybe)

(this is not me...but we have similar hair)

My Hair Texture - YouTube
Oh, I love my hair; I just don't like people touching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
As long as she's not bald or has a military-style buzz cut, there's a chance that I'll find it attractive. I will say that I'm not a big fan of braided hair (many times it just looks nappy to me) or frizzy hair...but there are exceptions.

I do prefer brunette and dark-blond hair over light-blond and red hair.
Can we stop with the "nappy", please? There are other phrases that can be used to describe a certain hair type that doesn't have historically racist overtones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,589,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post

Can we stop with the "nappy", please? There are other phrases that can be used to describe a certain hair type that doesn't have historically racist overtones.
I completely understand...neither do I.

(oh, and I'm sorry I didn't mean to suggest that you didn't love your hair)

Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,997,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post

Well, I can understand why a majority of men on this forum prefer long/straight hair...I'm sure the ones who don't like "nappy", kinky hair aren't black...

Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 PM

701 posts, read 1,568,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I completely understand...neither do I.

(oh, and I'm sorry I didn't mean to suggest that you didn't love your hair)
Eh, no worries.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:10 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,598,550 times
I have always been attracted to women with dark hair. I told myself I would never get into another realtionship with a women who had dark hair... yeah.... I don't care about length to be honest it really depends on the women. Some wear thier hair better long then others some wear it better short. It all really depends on the women in question.

My GF has some pink highlights in her hair into she got a different job, VERY sexy I still like her hair but both of us miss the pink. We both cried.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:15 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,175,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Well, I can understand why a majority of men on this forum prefer long/straight hair...I'm sure the ones who don't like "nappy", kinky hair aren't black...
Well I'm black and I don't like nappy hair or dreads.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:15 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,791,119 times
I'm a huge fan of short hair on women, although I'll admit that not all women look right with a short cut. But I'll notice a cute woman with short hair before I'll notice a sexy woman with long hair. The color isn't very important to me, but I have noticed I tend to be attracted to women with dark hair more frequently. I don't really think about the hair color, it just seems to turn out that way.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,997,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Well I'm black and I don't like nappy hair or dreads.
Yea...then there are those.

I'm black and I see nothing wrong with liking the hair I was given.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm a huge fan of short hair on women, although I'll admit that not all women look right with a short cut. But I'll notice a cute woman with short hair before I'll notice a sexy woman with long hair.
Related story, was getting my own hair cut today to keep it neat for visiting family, one of the barbers was this reallly cute redhead with short red hair, unfortunately I got the older Filipino lady instead to cut mine, lol.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,791,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Related story, was getting my own hair cut today to keep it neat for visiting family, one of the barbers was this reallly cute redhead with short red hair, unfortunately I got the older Filipino lady instead to cut mine, lol.
My barber's a heavy-set middle aged woman with short hair. At her shop they give you a shoulder massage at the end of the cut, and she always crushes a nerve in my left shoulder. It makes me wince in pain. I bet she could crush a steel pipe with that hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships