Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,163,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
My barber's a heavy-set middle aged woman with short hair. At her shop they give you a shoulder massage at the end of the cut, and she always crushes a nerve in my left shoulder. It makes me wince in pain. I bet she could crush a steel pipe with that hand.
Haha, must be her way of indicating interest. You best comply if you want to keep that shoulder functional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Yea...then there are those.

I'm black and I see nothing wrong with liking the hair I was given.
+1

It is really sad that some Black men hate the range of natural textures of our hair...and then will turn around and have the audacity to call women "fake" who alter their natural hair texture.

The self hate runs so deep in some folks....

Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,322,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Hello Gents - How important is a woman's hair when it comes to your attraction to her? Does it matter long, short, thick, thin, ect.? What do you prefer? Have you ever been turned off by a woman simply because her hair?
I'm not smart enough to answer this question

I don't think I could say she'd look better if...

I can just appreciate the total package

Old 11-20-2012, 11:48 PM

143 posts, read 540,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlenMetta View Post
Are you bald?

Like I said in my initial post I really don't care. Now a bald woman (and to a much lesser extent a bald man) is very rare and women who do go bald (autoimmune disease, chemo, etc.) often wear wigs. So because it deviates from the norm, people may be put off by it.
Yes I am bald due to an autoimmune condition. Other than that, I am very fit and healthy. I don't really know how to deal with men when it comes to this issue. I have avoided men since high school because of it. My thinking is that I would rather be alone than be rejected once he finds out. I never really felt beautiful, ever. I don't think I ever will.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Quote:
Yea...then there are those.

I'm black and I see nothing wrong with liking the hair I was given.
I'm a black guy and I prefer a black girl who wears her natural hair. I think relaxer is the worst thing black women can do to their hair. Do not get me started on weaves and lace fronts.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:14 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Quote:
Yes I am bald due to an autoimmune condition. Other than that, I am very fit and healthy. I don't really know how to deal with men when it comes to this issue. I have avoided men since high school because of it. My thinking is that I would rather be alone than be rejected once he finds out. I never really felt beautiful, ever. I don't think I ever will.
Well, this guy would not mind a bald woman. I'd give her bonus points if she wore her baldness with pride. Nothing is sexier than a woman with at much confidence.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm a black guy and I prefer a black girl who wears her natural hair. I think relaxer is the worst thing black women can do to their hair. Do not get me started on weaves and lace fronts.
Yes, I've read horrible things about relaxers but I've had relaxed hair for over 20 years now and although I think natural hair is much healthier and can look just as nice, I don't want to go through the transitioning process of cutting all of my relaxed hair off. If I ever have daughters though, I will not allow them to get relaxers and they can decide for themselves when they're adults.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 AM

13 posts, read 47,570 times
Quote:
So you wear a wig right? Look there's no way to know if a guy you meet will be alright with you being bald, same goes for a bald guy who meets a woman. I highly doubt it'll be an issue if someone really likes you. It's not like you did anything wrong and if you're fit like you say then stop worrying, put yourself out there and you'll meet someone.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,989,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, I've read horrible things about relaxers but I've had relaxed hair for over 20 years now and although I think natural hair is much healthier and can look just as nice, I don't want to go through the transitioning process of cutting all of my relaxed hair off. If I ever have daughters though, I will not allow them to get relaxers and they can decide for themselves when they're adults.
I think you should do it! It isn't that bad and your hair will grow back really fast. I did have one awkward month when the length was weird and I didn't like taking pictures, but there are other "temporary" options like twists, braids, or weaves.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
I think you should do it! It isn't that bad and your hair will grow back really fast. I did have one awkward month when the length was weird and I didn't like taking pictures, but there are other "temporary" options like twists, braids, or weaves.
I'm the type of person who has had the same hairstyle for years. It would be very intimidating to start all over. Several of the older women in my family have natural hair though so maybe I'll do it when I'm in my 50s. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships