Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Shhh, honey. No one's attacking you. Just speculation. I am aware that people have money, travel, and have numerous sexual partners. In fact, the person typing this message may or may not have been one of those people at one point. I was just calling it as I see it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...
great so dont hate. the person that lives next door to me in vegas is a VIP host at a strip hotel.

You would not believe the stories he tells. maybe this sort of exposure has jaded me.

now that should be made into a movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I see nothing wrong with it as well, but it seems the women get the short of the stick in this situation.

Apparently, nobody here does it so you may need to go to another message board. If you let your partner have other relationships as well more people would probably be 'okay' with it. As it stands, you're very selfish and most people here aren't going to give you advice on how to essentially cheat on your SO.
Maybe, it depends on what one values.

most everyone will compromise if the reward is high enough.

it's easy to speak when not confronted with realities.

and it's not cheating....please read what i write....I want it to be accepted as part of my relationship.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post

and it's not cheating....please read what i write....I want it to be accepted as part of my relationship.
There are certain things I won't compromise on. I'd rather be alone than share my partner with other people.

Unless you are allowing your partner to be with other people, I will consider it cheating.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I've lived and traveled all over this world and I can tell you one thing that can make or break your own peace and joy wherever you are:

You can't get away from yourself.
That is the best darn thing I have heard in a long time.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:

So what is her reward? You said that money was not all you have to offer. What else do you have to offer? Because as it stands- why would someone consent to this type of relationship?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
That is the best darn thing I have heard in a long time.
Thanks - and it's true, too!

No matter where you wake up every day, or who you wake up with - you always wake up with yourself. It's helpful to make sure you're good company, because when you're alone with yourself, bad company can really be hell.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And there are also people who earn good money, travel, and who don't apply double standards to their relationships - which are built on mutual respect, by the way.

I sure am glad my husband and I fall into that category.

But please - carry on. You certainly weren't expecting loads of approval or affirmations of your lifestyle choices here, were you?

some people do and some people don't. I don't seek approval. only god grants this in any meaningful way.

some women live in a polygamous BDSM house...where there is one dom male and multiple submissiveness partners.

now that's weird. who voluntarily enslaves themself...but 1000s of these homes exist....lotta freaks in this world.

my point is that what you consider normal others do not. what you consider respectful others do not.

you say you have traveled...you should know this.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
some people do and some people don't. I don't seek approval. only god grants this in any meaningful way.

some women live in a polygamous BDSM house...where there is one dom male and multiple submissiveness partners.

now that's weird. who voluntarily enslaves themself...but 1000s of these homes exist....lotta freaks in this world.

my point is that what you consider normal others do not. what you consider respectful others do not.

you say you have traveled...you should know this.
What does traveling have to do with anything? I've travelled a lot, too. I like to sample the local cuisine - not visit the local alternative sex houses.
And once again - if you know of all these people that engage in the sort of relationship you are looking for - why don't you ask them to introduce you to someone who would be willing to be monogamous to you while you have your fun with whomever you please? Because there is no way that you could induce me into that type of lifestyle no matter how you try to sell it.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So what is her reward? You said that money was not all you have to offer. What else do you have to offer? Because as it stands- why would someone consent to this type of relationship?
You see, you will play ball

It's not that I am that special. I am not. As good as you think you are there are lots of people that are better than you...or rather have more to offer, are wittier, are better looking, etc.

but even so, what is this? to me interesting is being at the center of the action to you it may mean being the best book keeper in mobile alabama.

Honestly, I think it happens a lot but that women look the other way. I know this to be the case...the more desirable a man is the more likely he will succumb to temptation.

Hah, when I was a E-2 in the navy ten or so years ago I would have never envisioned I can do what i do now. I never "cheated." I was so happy to have a woman even give me the time of day..but now, I am at the point where if a girl wont engage in a menage a trois I will just delete her number and find someone who will...

dont get me wrong, i am nice and polite to women, I wine and dine them and show them a good time. i don't lead them on and take them on really fun dates but i want what i want and if you can't provide it i will find someone who will.

What i have found is that women in big cities who are artistically inclined are more open to these types of relationships than not .,..i also see it in attractive women who grew up disadvantaged but now live comfortably and don't want to be poor again...in power couples where their achievements are much greater than themselves...in academics who see social confines as the oppressive tools that they are...I also see it in straight up gold diggers.

I remember my mom asked me why I went back to Iraq after I showed her our security detail's dash cam of when we were attacked--it happened a lot back then...she looked at me almost pitifully and I looked at the dump she lived and her dead end job that tried to fire her when she got sick after 27 years in the same position and basically said that I would rather live in tent on a FOB in baquba and take daily mortar fire and get attacked when I left the base rather than go back to Wisconsin and work at the factory or whatever nonsense she was telling me to do.

People are motivated by different things. The funny thing is, what makes you successful can also cause you personal pain.

That being said, I live the way I do and am quite happy doing so. wont stop anytime soon.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
You see, you will play ball

It's not that I am that special. I am not. As good as you think you are there are lots of people that are better than you...or rather have more to offer, are wittier, are better looking, etc.

but even so, what is this? to me interesting is being at the center of the action to you it may mean being the best book keeper in mobile alabama.

Honestly, I think it happens a lot but that women look the other way. I know this to be the case...the more desirable a man is the more likely he will succumb to temptation.

Hah, when I was a E-2 in the navy ten or so years ago I would have never envisioned I can do what i do now. I never "cheated." I was so happy to have a woman even give me the time of day..but now, I am at the point where if a girl wont engage in a menage a trois I will just delete her number and find someone who will...

dont get me wrong, i am nice and polite to women, I wine and dine them and show them a good time. i don't lead them on and take them on really fun dates but i want what i want and if you can't provide it i will find someone who will.

What i have found is that women in big cities who are artistically inclined are more open to these types of relationships than not .,..i also see it in attractive women who grew up disadvantaged but now live comfortably and don't want to be poor again...in power couples where their achievements are much greater than themselves...in academics who see social confines as the oppressive tools that they are...I also see it in straight up gold diggers.

I remember my mom asked me why I went back to Iraq after I showed her our security detail's dash cam of when we were attacked--it happened a lot back then...she looked at me almost pitifully and I looked at the dump she lived and her dead end job that tried to fire her when she got sick after 27 years in the same position and basically said that I would rather live in tent on a FOB in baquba and take daily mortar fire and get attacked when I left the base rather than go back to Wisconsin and work at the factory or whatever nonsense she was telling me to do.

People are motivated by different things. The funny thing is, what makes you successful can also cause you personal pain.

That being said, I live the way I do and am quite happy doing so. wont stop anytime soon.
I'm a musical theatre performer. I lived in NYC for 12 years. Many of my friends are performers, models, actors, etc. I still do not know of anyone that would agree to your arrangement. If money is important - they can find money with someone who won't fool around with other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships