Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
me too..but I doubt it. I now know that people can do whatever they want for the most part if they have the means to do so.
Just because you have the means to do something doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
More like some socially awkward geek living out his fantasies via an online persona. It wouldn't make a good book or movie. Way to many cliches, and way over the top unless it was a B-movie or some softcore skin-a-max fare.

I won't bother pointing out the various holes that not everyone would catch, but the entertainment value has worn off quickly for me.
lol, why do these threads always turn into ad hominem attacks?

yes, there are people that earn good money, that travel, and have a partner or three.

I think i must mater the third person post..use terms like someone and one and not I am me.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Just because you have the means to do something doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.
Correct, but I see nothing wrong with two consenting adults entering into a relationship in the terms of their choice. do you?

I am not asking for approval. i am asking how it's done by those that do it.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:17 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:

yes, there are people that earn good money, that travel, and have a partner or three.

I think i must mater the third person post..use terms like someone and one and not I am me.
Shhh, honey. No one's attacking you. Just speculation. I am aware that people have money, travel, and have numerous sexual partners. In fact, the person typing this message may or may not have been one of those people at one point. I was just calling it as I see it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Old 11-03-2012, 09:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Correct, but I see nothing wrong with two consenting adults entering into a relationship in the terms of their choice. do you?

I see nothing wrong with it as well, but it seems the women get the short of the stick in this situation.

Apparently, nobody here does it so you may need to go to another message board. If you let your partner have other relationships as well more people would probably be 'okay' with it. As it stands, you're very selfish and most people here aren't going to give you advice on how to essentially cheat on your SO.

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
I completely agree...But being a contractor is a lil bit different...a debate for another thread mate.

in any event, if I want to play the one handed hugh heffner so be it.

and my friend, be careful, about drawing broad conclusions based upon limited anecdotal evidence.

Some people can kill for years and reintegrate with little effort....others will be driven to the bottle or suicide...some women can be raped and still have trusting healthy relationships...others will hate men so much that they will be forever scarred and never have a decent relationship again.

It's all about what you bring to the bring the experience and your support structure post trauma.
You left out one very important ingredient - your own character.

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Quote:

You already answered your own question. Find someone who is so impressed by the magic that is you that they will accept (and be grateful for) whatever % you will generously give of your awesome self.

Other than that what else do you want? Instructions...I gave you those a few pages back.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:

And there are also people who earn good money, travel, and who don't apply double standards to their relationships - which are built on mutual respect, by the way.

I sure am glad my husband and I fall into that category.

But please - carry on. You certainly weren't expecting loads of approval or affirmations of your lifestyle choices here, were you?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Movie script? "we were supposed to meet in Bali...I waited in the hotel lobby for hours and she did not show up....I felt as if someone was watching me pace about- I looked up and there he was that same man dressed in the white cotton shirt and sunglasses- the same on I saw in Jakarta..the man who had murdered my wife- who I refused to pay...I told him it was my second wife that I wanted dead...He killed my third wife...- Police rush in ...grab him by the arm...and drag him away........music plays - credits roll.
the really sad thing was, i just called another girl to come meet me there. She would occasionally leave me and go home but she always came back to me after I flew there with some flowers or whatever and begged her to take me back. this was a semi-annual thing with us.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
the really sad thing was, i just called another girl to come meet me there. She would occasionally leave me and go home but she always came back to me after I flew there with some flowers or whatever and begged her to take me back. this was a semi-annual thing with us.
I've lived and traveled all over this world and I can tell you one thing that can make or break your own peace and joy wherever you are:

You can't get away from yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships