Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a woman with aspergers?
Yes 18 45.00%
No 12 30.00%
I don't know. Explain below. 10 25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
You realize you don't have to tell me this, don't you?
Everything with you is for show?

you're right. goodbye.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 01:43 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,432,329 times
If I know and like the girl, why not? We all have our quirks...

Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,063,952 times
I actually have dated a girl who mentioned she was diagnosed with autism, a mild form (probably Aspergers). She was physically attractive, and a nice girl. She was just a bit socially awkard and acted wierd sometimes. I wouldn't have married her though.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:48 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Of course not

Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,057,999 times
Depends on how bad it is. Most likely not. I have a hard enough time with the emotional issues of "normal" women! =)

Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,432,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
No. But its ok. As long as you believe what you feel they are real
Is that not the definition of an emotion, you ignorant twerp?

Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM

264 posts, read 266,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Is that not the definition of an emotion, you ignorant twerp?
What's up with personal attacks? Huh? No, it is not. People with aspergers do not create normal bonds with other people.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 AM

191 posts, read 163,832 times
No need for anger and insults. Let's clear up some stereotypes and misconceptions about autism spectrum disorder.

First, autistic people are not "stupid."
Fact: People with autism can have varying levels of intelligence and cognitive abilities. They may have an intense interest in certain topics. Some autistic people may have cognitive deficits, or they can show "splinter skills," which are isolated, advanced abilities that may be remarkable or far above the norm.

Second, the notion that autistic people can't feel emotions is false.
Fact: Autistic people do have emotions, but it's often harder to process them and express them appropriately. It's also difficult to recognize social cues such as facial expressions and/or body language. Sensory issues, such as aversion to bright light, loud sound, or bitter tastes, are not uncommon. All of this can make it difficult to develop relationships and attachments to other people.

Third, no two autistic people are exactly alike. Some people require extra assistance and care throughout their lives. Others function independently and make many positive contributions to society. It is not impossible for autistic people to develop relationships with others or to make sense of the world around them. But they learn and think differently from NTs. It's important to give them the support and understanding they need to reach their full potential.

Last edited by Azula; 09-15-2012 at 08:49 AM..

Old 09-16-2012, 04:34 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azula View Post
No need for anger and insults. Let's clear up some stereotypes and misconceptions about autism spectrum disorder.

First, autistic people are not "stupid."
Fact: People with autism can have varying levels of intelligence and cognitive abilities. They may have an intense interest in certain topics. Some autistic people may have cognitive deficits, or they can show "splinter skills," which are isolated, advanced abilities that may be remarkable or far above the norm.

Second, the notion that autistic people can't feel emotions is false.
Fact: Autistic people do have emotions, but it's often harder to process them and express them appropriately. It's also difficult to recognize social cues such as facial expressions and/or body language. Sensory issues, such as aversion to bright light, loud sound, or bitter tastes, are not uncommon. All of this can make it difficult to develop relationships and attachments to other people.

Third, no two autistic people are exactly alike. Some people require extra assistance and care throughout their lives. Others function independently and make many positive contributions to society. It is not impossible for autistic people to develop relationships with others or to make sense of the world around them. But they learn and think differently from NTs. It's important to give them the support and understanding they need to reach their full potential.
Very well said and all true ^

Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM

120 posts, read 211,855 times
No I wouldn't. Most autistic women I met on the Internet treated me like crap so no I wouldn't even touch such an passive-aggressive, braggart woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships