Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,169,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
She didn't have an affair - she had a one night stand before she was ever married.

There is NO value to him knowing that at this moment, as he may try to use it as a last minute justification for what he has REPEATEDLY done to her
what he did was way worse ,but does he ever marry her if he knew this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
what he did was way worse ,but does he ever marry her if he knew this?
She was obviously afraid he wouldn't, but we don't know for sure whether he would have or not. They were only dating at the time, not even engaged.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Op does not want to face the painful fact that husband betrayed her, so she's trying to justify his behavior by thinking about her own bad behavior that is truly irrelevant.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
However, I do know this. If my husband cheated on me when we were dating, I would not be sitting here calling him my husband. I would have parted ways with him at that point.
If you found out today that he got drunk when you were dating and had a 1 night stand, would you divorce him today for that 1 time indiscretion ?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you found out today that he got drunk when you were dating and had a 1 night stand, would you divorce him today for that 1 time indiscretion ?
What does that have to do with anything?

I said if we were dating and he had cheated on me at that time, I would have dumped him so there would have never been a marriage. We would have never gotten to that point. If we were engaged and that happened, same thing.

Do you want me to pretend I don't have a 20yr history with him and think of that situation in a vacuum? Or am I supposed to consider our past together? Or should I pretend we have had a "perfect" marriage and then answer?

If we had the "pefect" marriage...then I don't know, I think I'd be bitter for a very, very long time. Can't say how I'd feel about staying married but it would make me feel as though I had the wool pulled over my eyes. Would I be able to get over that...probably not very quickly. Would I stay married? Well he'd have to put up with the fact that I would probably question everything in our past. I don't know how anyone could shrug their shoulders and say "oh well".

Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So you had sex with someone else when you were young, drunk and UNMARRIED, give it a rest already, nothing to be guilty about, you were NOT married to him.

The rest of the issue is your choice alone as to what to do about your marriage. Good Luck.

There is no way I'm feeling guilty for something that happened 15 years ago when I was single, I wouldn't feel guilty about it for 15 seconds let alone years.
really? so as long as you are not married anything is fair game? Some people on this thread have questionable morals.

I do believe that the wife shouldn't share what she did, because nothing is gained now by telling it only makes things even worse. One time cheaters should just live with the guilt, telling only hurts the other person and makes them feel inadequate, repeat offenders are another story though.

As for the affair, I would determine if the relationship is worth saving and if not, and no kids involve then bounce. If it is worth saving then get yourselves to counselling! stat.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
They were only dating at the time, not even engaged.
sorry this is a cop out....what does 'only' dating mean? There is a commitment in place no?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,161,492 times
OMG, are you kidding ??

You were 19, and you weren't yet married yet ... you you were still a kid. You're married now, and he is a grown man, who exchanged vows. I would not tell him what you did decades ago, so he can throw it back in your face .... It is NOT the same thing, and you need to release that guilt.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 AM

this thread has me thinking....I dated my wife for 10 years JUST dating...all the cheating I could have done and it would have been perfectly OK because I wasn't married yet..what a great foundation that would have been for my marriage!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:31 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Oh come on!!!

Were you NEVER a drunk naive teenager???

He cheated as a grown ass MAN - not once, but repeatedly.

The two things are not even close to being the same.
I absolutely agree with this.

My ex DID cheat on me. Before we got married, and yes I forgave him. And we got married. Yes we did eventually split, but that had nothing to do with cheating or affairs. Totally different issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships