Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
This is why I don't see any value in marriage.
Yup, the majority of married people are out here cheating. I read an article a while back that said that over half of all married people have cheated at some point during their marriage. It's a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:51 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,838,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Yup, the majority of married people are out here cheating. I read an article a while back that said that over half of all married people have cheated at some point during their marriage. It's a joke.
It's true stats like that that are behind why I have no desire to get married. It's unfortunate. :/

I think I'd rather be single forever than go through the pain of having my wife cheat on me.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,776,400 times
It happened before you were married, I would just let sleeping dogs lie.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risty View Post
We've been married for 12 years and it's been 4 months since finding out about his affair. I'm hurt and he's been showing remorse but at the same time I'm having trouble dealing with this.

I'm guilty of the same thing but only this was way before we got married and I was a then naivee 19 year-old who got drunk that day (now I'm 34). Till this day he's still unaware and don't know if I should even mention it. Or should I focus on his cheating esp. when he did it more than once for several months and would still be going on if I had never found out.
What you did and what he did are two TOTALLY different things and one has nothing to do with the other. I would not mention it to him at all.

You seem to be really caught up in your emotions and may need some help sorting them all out.

Have you guys tried meeting with a marriage counselor to develop a concrete plan for dealing with this crisis?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Link please

You've already said all this BS on the marriage thread that got closed, quit going off topic on this thread.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't know how to really handle this situation, but both of you are wrong.

You for cheating and with holding information from your spouse for 19 yeas or more, and he for cheating on you recently for however long he had the affair.

IMO both of you come clean and get it all out on the table, ad possibly seek some help because he's going to have all kinds of emtions erupting.
They weren't married when she did it Froggie - and she was a 19 year old kid who was drunk - it's not quite the same thing as her husband cheating on her after 12 years of marriage.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
So you are going to let him suffer and beat himself up over this and you get off scott free?

In my opinion, you need to tell him. You are BOTH wrong. Your offense isn't any less wrong because it was years ago, you were drunk and naive. You are just trying to convince yourself of that. It does not matter how long his affair went on for...the only difference here is that he never found out about yours. So you are a better liar, congratulations.
She didn't have an affair - she had a one night stand before she was ever married.

There is NO value to him knowing that at this moment, as he may try to use it as a last minute justification for what he has REPEATEDLY done to her

Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
They weren't married when she did it Froggie - and she was a 19 year old kid who was drunk - it's not quite the same thing as her husband cheating on her after 12 years of marriage.
So that makes it a better situation or her? In my eyes that's still pathetic, 15 years later and she still hasn't spilled the beans. Sorry LM I'm not budging on what I said.

That may have altered both there lives had she came out and was honest before the vows were taken.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
It's true stats like that that are behind why I have no desire to get married. It's unfortunate. :/

I think I'd rather be single forever than go through the pain of having my wife cheat on me.
I'm not picking on you I'm just curious....

My departed husband and I were together for 8 years, and then married for an additional 10 years.

Do you think his infidelity would have hurt more just because we got married?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So that makes it a better situation or her? In my eyes that's still pathetic, 15 years later and she still hasn't spilled the beans. Sorry LM I'm not budging on what I said.

That may have altered both there lives had she came out and was honest before the vows were taken.
I know what you are saying... but can't agree.

Nothing would be served by anyone confessing to a one time infidelity (one night stand), 15 years ago (when said behavior has NEVER been repeated).

I would say that no matter the gender.

What would be gained by confessing? For either party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships