Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Thing is, this is all subjective and varies from person to person. Some guys in his position don't see it as other people do.

What may be a destructive behavior to some may be someone 'just having fun' to others.

What may be someone in pain to some may be seen as someone 'who enjoys sex' to others.

As long as its consensual, no crimes, legally or morally, have been committed in some minds.

I think some people are speaking in absolutes.
You don't know until you find out. That's what mature, functioning adults do.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So you honestly believe it is showing ANY personal responsibility to take advantage of a woman who is behaving self destructively? Really??
I'm saying that if she didn't want to be taken advantage of (which she isn't), then she wouldn't put herself in the position to be taken advantage of.

You assume she's being taken advantage of, but she's the one that choosing to sleep with all these guys. If she says "no" and the OP pressures her into it then yes he would be taking advantage. But there is no way you know that.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
All that means is that you don't care about others. But, generally, taking advantage of people is frowned upon due to ethics and morals. And who cares if someone like you, who doesn't prioritize ethical behavior, chooses not to shame a nasty person who does take advantage of people? You turn a blind eye to evil, but you don't wan the evil behavior chastised. Great world view you have going there.
In this case, no evil has been committed.

If I was in a bad mood, and wanted to get rip-roaring drunk would you be blaming the bartender for giving me the drinks? Even though I consciously chose to take that course of action?

And you don't know me at all. Stop talking about forum people as if you actually know them.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
You're forgetting the other part of the story. He's planning to hide his "activities" from his FWB, who's the one who told him in confidence about this woman in the first place. He's said he doesn't care if he picks up an STD (and passes it on to the FWB), because he can "patch it up", as long as it's not herpes or HIV.

Any ethical qualms there?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I'm saying that if she didn't want to be taken advantage of (which she isn't), then she wouldn't put herself in the position to be taken advantage of.

You assume she's being taken advantage of, but she's the one that choosing to sleep with all these guys. If she says "no" and the OP pressures her into it then yes he would be taking advantage. But there is no way you know that.
Are you being purposely obtuse?

When people have suffered a loss or any kind of pain that has led to them being self destructive, they are not in the right frame of mind to protect themselves from predators and others who do not have their best interests at heart.

What you are suggesting is like telling a wheelchair bound person in a house on fire to just get up and walk out

Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
In this case, no evil has been committed.
It doesn't matter for the point of the discussion, but give it another go.

Quote:
And you don't know me at all. Stop talking about forum people as if you actually know them.
You'll be viewed by the content of your posts. That's how it goes.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You don't know until you find out. That's what mature, functioning adults do.
Who's to say she wouldn't lie? Or mask her emotions? And I'm talking in other situations, beyond this one, as well.

Thr game changes when there is alcohol involved.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Who's to say she wouldn't lie? Or mask her emotions? And I'm talking in other situations, beyond this one, as well.

That doesn't matter to the point either, really. It's the not caring about others, the not stopping to consider how people could be hurt by your behavior, that is disturbing.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:54 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're forgetting the other part of the story. He's planning to hide his "activities" from his FWB, who's the one who told him in confidence about this woman in the first place. He's said he doesn't care if he picks up an STD (and passes it on to the FWB), because he can "patch it up", as long as it's not herpes or HIV.

Any ethical qualms there?
Unless I missed something, maybe some of the blame should go the female friend. Did I miss something?

This seems like her fault from jump street, she's the one that planted this seed of an easy lay, right?

I may be off base here, but he wouldn't have known otherwise about her promiscuity, therefore this thread would never exist. And this was started by someone's supposed bestie.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:

It doesn't matter. I guess all men in this scenario are opportunists who take advantage. Any man that doesn't crawl on hot coals and walk barefoot on broken glass in order to have sex with a woman (the highest privilege on earth) is a predator, and a real man would keep it in his pants and only take it out when SHE says so.

I'm glad I saw the light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.