Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,294,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I like how the post I made questioning the female friend for revealing this information has been conviently ignored.

If that is the case, then people should have more of an issue with the friend and not the OP.
The conversation is not about her. She's not on this forum making statements. And neither is the screwed up women. Only the OP is here making statements.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,210,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He fully admitted that he doesn't care if they see it as that or not. That's the point. How many times do I have to repeat it?

Again, he doesn't care if it's wrong doing. That's the issue. And not only that, he would be willing to put his FWB at risk as well. That is evil.
And how do we know what he is doing is ethically wrong?

How many times do I have to repeat that?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,107,631 times
Quote:
Apples and oranges.

The girl in your example has been diagnosed with a mental condition, correct? Or it is widely known.

The girl in the OP hasn't been diagnosed with anything from what we have been told, with thr exception of s bunch of armchair psychologists. Once again, this is all subjective. We don't know this girl's mindset. Everyone is giving their opinion on what they believe, but it until we hear from her or a professional who has has extensive interaction with her, then it's subjective.

It is NOT apples and oranges

Like I said, a drunk woman or woman in so much pain that she is self destructive is mentally incapacitated - yes, it's only temporary and it's not the same as being mentally retarded (which we all know is permanent), but the fact they are both mentally INCAPACITATED is the same.

We don't know if the woman in the original post is mentally ill, no one has said she is.

We have only said something is not right for her to be behaving this way.

Her self destructive actions indicate some kind of mental incapacibility - and a real man wouldn't look to have sex with a woman who is not thinking straight.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,982,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Way to miss the point.

When all a man wants from a women is sex and a woman gives it to him, there is no way for him to be being "used"
I don't agree. Said man has to take her out for dinner, or some form of 'getting to know you date' entertainment.

How is it the woman isn't using the men? I am not missing the point. She dates 4 guys a week, and possibly never calls them again. SHe never spends a nickel, has sex. Isn't she getting what she wants there ?

What if a poor guy actually thinks a conection was made ? He has no clue he is number 23 of 30 in 3 months....

Old 09-03-2012, 08:39 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,294,225 times
Quote:
I have a question. Say I knew this widower who was devastated over losing his wife. He spent the last few months emptying his bank account taking dozens of women to dinner, plays, trips whatever, in attempts to ease his suffering. My friend is his best friend and shares how f*cked up he's been these past months. If I were to say "if he and I meet over the weekend and he wants to take me shopping for the companionship, hell yea, I'm game!" Would that be the right thing for me to do? Does that say anything about my character as a human being? Any person with an ounce of ethical sense is going to know that it would be an insensitive move on my part. That I would be using this hurt man. Any person that could not see that is as screwed up in the head as I would be if I decided to take advantage of that kind of situation.
Quote:

How many times do I have to repeat that?
We know it because he stated that it doesn't matter if it's ethically wrong. Have you read the thread?

Anyhow, I'm re-posting a similar hypothetical above. What do you think of it?

6,732 posts, read 5,210,323 times
Quote:
The conversation is not about her. She's not on this forum making statements. And neither is the screwed up women. Only the OP is here making statements.
Yet, somehow, a condemnation can be made for the prior guys before the OP for not being a 'real man' and not taking advantage of the poor girl.

Yet, somehow, people can make mental and emotional judgments of the girl the OP is talkin about, without her presence on the forum.

Okie dokie, then.

102,504 posts, read 109,054,383 times
Quote:
He hasn't done anything yet. But the fact that he'd take his FWB's story about a woman's self-destructive behavior after a break-up as some kind of charge signal, and is hiding his intentions from the FWB, tells us something about his character.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,107,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I don't agree. Said man has to take her out for dinner, or some form of 'getting to know you date' entertainment.

How is it the woman isn't using the men? I am not missing the point. She dates 4 guys a week, and possibly never calls them again. SHe never spends a nickel, has sex. Isn't she getting what she wants there ?

What if a poor guy actually thinks a conection was made ? He has no clue he is number 23 of 30 in 3 months....
Again, you miss the point.

We are not talking about a guy who wants to take her out to dinner and get to know her

All our OP wants is to have sex.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,982,299 times
Quote:
I like how the post I made questioning the female friend for revealing this information has been conviently ignored.

If that is the case, then people should have more of an issue with the friend and not the OP.
people talk and gossip. This is not a new theme.

so now the FWB is wrong here for airing dirtly laundry ?

oh brother. You all are assuming the 30/4 woman has the same morals and ethics as you do.
She clearly doesn't (assuming the 30/4 number is actaullly true)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships