Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 11:58 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I think the rule is mostly used in Dan Savage's writings to apply to relationships in which there is some sort significant age difference (see his entry in Wikipedia), but I take it to apply to relationships where there is an imbalance of power - as there would be with someone on a self-destructive kick. There's an obligation to "leave it better than you found it." Like when my FWB situation got to the point where I knew that my partner was in love with me and that I would never feel more than friendly affection towards him, I knew the only ethical thing to do was to end the relationship. I'm not so hard up for sex that I'm gonna string some guy along just to get what I want.

Also, you kinda gotta wonder about a guy who's willing to be "NEXT!" in someone else's downward spiral. I mean, come on. Are you so hard up you're willing to be complicit in someone else's breakdown? It's all about common decency, I think. 30 guys in 4 months immediately after the end of a long relationship? That's a red flag for sure.

I do agree with you on some of these points. Oh it does say something about him but IMO it says something about 95 percent of men doesn't it? If there's an opportunity to be taking advantage of some woman sexually (and it's not deemed 'illegal') I mean isn't that just 'how they are?' when it comes to this type of thing. I just feel like it's a woman's obligation to not put herself out there to be treated like a sex toy; sorry but you really can't expect men to act accordingly. At least I don't.

IMO FWB and ethical don't belong in the same sentence anyways. LOL.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
I just think it's unchivalrous.

What a do uchebag would do.

At some point you have to look at yourself and go, do I want to continue acting like a walking penis, or am I going to attempt to be a decent human being for once?

A gentleman would be kind to the girl and not take advantage of her distress.

Sadly, there aren't many gentlemen around these days.

It's karmic...mr mature...you get back in life what you give out. Explains why some are incapable of either loving or being loved.

Coincidentally, the rise of the dou che is in direct proportion to the breeding of the bunny boiler. Play with crazy fire, you'll get burnt.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,432,399 times
I know males and females that have done similar after a hurtful breakup.....not that uncommon

Old 09-03-2012, 01:56 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,921,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I just think it's unchivalrous.

What a do uchebag would do.

At some point you have to look at yourself and go, do I want to continue acting like a walking penis, or am I going to attempt to be a decent human being for once?

A gentleman would be kind to the girl and not take advantage of her distress.

Sadly, there aren't many gentlemen around these days.

It's karmic...mr mature...you get back in life what you give out. Explains why some are incapable of either loving or being loved.

Coincidentally, the rise of the dou che is in direct proportion to the breeding of the bunny boiler. Play with crazy fire, you'll get burnt.
I don't think you understand....I don't care. I don't care if I'm unchivalrous, I don't care if I'm not a gentleman....I just don't care. If she wants to hookup with me, cool....if not, that's fine as well. It's her call.

She's almost 30 years old and can decide what she wants to do on her own. Stop babying the chick like she's some low IQ 8 year old.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 09-03-2012 at 02:06 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
Oh I get it. I hope you get it...your own deep lack of character and ethics.

I also get Doll Eyes. Men like you are the reason she thinks the way she does.

Doll Eyes not all men would behave this way. They're not all borderline rapists. Some do know its not appropriate to jump and dump a needy girl.

They just don't tend to post on CD.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Oh I get it. I hope you get it...your own deep lack of character and ethics.

I also get Doll Eyes. Men like you are the reason she thinks the way she does.

Doll Eyes not all men would behave this way. They're not all borderline rapists. Some do know its not appropriate to jump and dump a needy girl.

They just don't tend to post on CD.
She's fair game that weekend. Her personal issues are not my problem and I don't plan on making it my problem.

As I said before, if she wants to get down, cool....if not, that's fine too.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
She's fair game that weekend. Her personal issues are not my problem.

*playing devils advocate* and what if she gives you an unknown std? is that not your problem either?

Old 09-03-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
*playing devils advocate* and what if she gives you an unknown std? is that not your problem either?
I'd use a condom so the chances of that happening are slim to none.

However, even if she gave me an STD, as long as it's not HIV or herpes, I'd just go get it patched up...no big deal.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:28 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
Quote:
I'd use a condom so the chances of that happening are slim to none.

However, even if she gave me an STD, as long as it's not HIV or herpes, I'd just go get it patched up...no big deal.
condom breaks during intercourse/you touch the condom as you take it off and you infect yourself. she gave you herpes not knowing she even had it yet because she it hasn't manifested bad physical symptoms yet (Hench she did not know). now what?

or alternatively, she request oral and you receive (HSV2) it that way. herpes is not spread through open sores and the carrier does not need to have an outbreak to transmit it to another, it only requires skin to skin contact...condoms do not offer full protection or fool proof protection....they only offer what you see it covering.

Last edited by rego00123; 09-03-2012 at 02:38 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 AM

52,293 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
She's fair game that weekend. Her personal issues are not my problem and I don't plan on making it my problem.

As I said before, if she wants to get down, cool....if not, that's fine too.
The bolded part sounds so damn predatory it just makes my blood boil.

If I had a daughter and she brought some guy like you home and I found out about how you think... I'd wring his neck.... then I'd proceed to get serious about doing other things to him...

All hypothetical of course.......

What happened to men who act with honor, dignity, and some very basic class.

Edit to add vid clip.... reminds me of this scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-VY5cC2jk

Those days are gone apparently.... based on the crap I read here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships