Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 07:51 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't think any of my friends have had sex with 30 men - much less in such a short period of time!
Agree.
Gross.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 PM

52,316 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Agree.
Gross.
LOL.

It's funny the varying views here.

Some woman further up, had a "you go girl" kind of post...

LOL.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,278,605 times
I just think it's bizarre AND impolite for an adult to either

1. discuss the amount of sexual partners another adult has had or
2. judge that amount as "too many" or "not enough"

Like, who cares?????

Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,410,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

Like, who cares?????
I know if I felt my "best friend" was being reckless, I might discuss it with my husband or another mutual close friend out of concern, but I can't imagine discussing her sex life with a casual friend, especially a FWB. Sounds to me like there are other motives involved and making her "best friend" look bad is one of them.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I know if I felt my "best friend" was being reckless, I might discuss it with my husband or another mutual close friend out of concern, but I can't imagine discussing her sex life with a casual friend, especially a FWB. Sounds to me like there are other motives involved and making her "best friend" look bad is one of them.
"Reckless" is a judgement call. Some of us find sex a great fun way to relax, and would call those who choose to skydive or ride a motorbike or own a gun, reckless.

But no one judges when people do stuff like that... OMGZZ she's done 30 jumps! Scandalous!

Agree 100% about the so-called friend though...she's sticking the knife in, one way or another.

Classy. Not.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,396,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
hmmm. i don't know if it does though, jrz. well I guess I just wholly expect them to react like that; if a woman's putting a 1/2 price sticker on herself, I'm assuming it would be out of character for some man not to take advantage of that. I don't know much about dan savage, only person told me about him was ruth. you should post or link whatever his rules are.
I think the rule is mostly used in Dan Savage's writings to apply to relationships in which there is some sort significant age difference (see his entry in Wikipedia), but I take it to apply to relationships where there is an imbalance of power - as there would be with someone on a self-destructive kick. There's an obligation to "leave it better than you found it." Like when my FWB situation got to the point where I knew that my partner was in love with me and that I would never feel more than friendly affection towards him, I knew the only ethical thing to do was to end the relationship. I'm not so hard up for sex that I'm gonna string some guy along just to get what I want.

Also, you kinda gotta wonder about a guy who's willing to be "NEXT!" in someone else's downward spiral. I mean, come on. Are you so hard up you're willing to be complicit in someone else's breakdown? It's all about common decency, I think. 30 guys in 4 months immediately after the end of a long relationship? That's a red flag for sure.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,410,489 times
Quote:
"Reckless" is a judgement call. Some of us find sex a great fun way to relax, and would call those who choose to skydive or ride a motorbike or own a gun, reckless.

But no one judges when people do stuff like that... OMGZZ she's done 30 jumps! Scandalous!

Agree 100% about the so-called friend though...she's sticking the knife in, one way or another.

Classy. Not.
That's why I stated "If I felt". And yeah, I do judge other folks for other various things. I don't just limit it to sex.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:46 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:

Like, who cares?????
Gross.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:29 PM

770 posts, read 1,178,759 times
Is this girl still in high school? Why is she gossiping behind her "best friend's" back about her sex life? Seriously, who cares? She's probably jealous.

And why are you so desperate to get laid that you are literally getting in line to be next? Clearly, bunch of winners.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Is this girl still in high school? Why is she gossiping behind her "best friend's" back about her sex life? Seriously, who cares? She's probably jealous.

And why are you so desperate to get laid that you are literally getting in line to be next? Clearly, bunch of winners.

^^^^post of the day

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships