Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,678,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnsman View Post
My story is that my ex bailed out of the marriage 18 years ago or more. I have been a full-time single father for all that time and have not had any desire to date or develop a relationship with a woman and have no regrets so far. In my free time over the years I have taken on new hobbies, competed in sports, maintained and upgraded my home and have learned to really like who I am by myself. I am content and get along with people just fine (I have to, managing as many people as I do in my job) and I have a few casual friendships. My son is almost 21 now and is showing signs of wanting to leave the nest and I am very excited for my future. I watch my co-workers, friends and ex divorce and then jump right into another not-so-healthy relationship and I just shake my head. Being alone, independent, self-sufficient, whatever you want to call it is not that bad. I ask my co-workers what their plans are for the weekend and they groan and list off their "honey-do" list and then they ask me what I'm doing and my response is "whatever brings me the most joy". The look on their faces is priceless.

"Nothing is withheld from us what we have conceived to do."
Re: The bold

I see this happen ALL the time and I really wonder how they find these people. I have a few friends that have a new boyfriend/girlfriend every month, a few are now on their second or third marriages and aren't even 30 yet! I just think a lot of people are very co dependent and can't handle being alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,839,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Re: The bold

I see this happen ALL the time and I really wonder how they find these people. I have a few friends that have a new boyfriend/girlfriend every month, a few are now on their second or third marriages and aren't even 30 yet! I just think a lot of people are very co dependent and can't handle being alone.
I also see it all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only sane person around.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,313,364 times
I dont buy any of this talk, everyone is saying this as a protection mechanism. I acknowledge that yes my wife and kids are a royal pain in the azz. But, 24hrs without them is devastating. Dont give up on the chances of love and kids. Next time, be more selective,.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:45 AM

630 posts, read 1,050,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnsman View Post
In my free time over the years I have taken on new hobbies, competed in sports, maintained and upgraded my home and have learned to really like who I am by myself.. Being alone, independent, self-sufficient, whatever you want to call it is not that bad. "
just saw the extra replies in this thread (:
Tarsman I want this so bad for myself but its pretty challenging to achieve for me at least...
even though I haven't been a serious relationship for four years I've still been dating, and now no one. It's hard to adapt

Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,231,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I dont buy any of this talk, everyone is saying this as a protection mechanism. I acknowledge that yes my wife and kids are a royal pain in the azz. But, 24hrs without them is devastating. Dont give up on the chances of love and kids. Next time, be more selective,.
You just got to love people like this. Dude if you're happy with your life then please enjoy it, but you should be old enough to accept that everyone is not like you and doesn't want the same thing in life.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,707,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Misery loves company, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships