Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,404,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, if there aren't many like-minded people, you can go to concerts, lectures, events and lunch/dinner on your own and enjoy. Find one friend, that's plenty.
I went to a movie on my own not so long ago. It was....weird. I'd never done it before and I kept automatically reaching over to the wife/girlfriend that wasn't there. Netflix next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I went to a movie on my own not so long ago. It was....weird. I'd never done it before and I kept automatically reaching over to the wife/girlfriend that wasn't there. Netflix next time.
Your call, but sitting at home with netflix won't get you out and about, where you can meet people. You can meet people in theater lobbies or in the ticket line.

Oh well.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
It can take a few times to get used to going to the movies or dinner alone. I do it allll the time now, because most of my friends are flakes and sometimes I just want to go out by myself. The first few times are super weird, but you just get used to it.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
JJ is SO COOL! Do you all believe this? She's going to be a pilot (or already is one?) and will be flying her own plane to her jobs? This girl is too much! Someday, J, you're going to blow some guy away. I want to hear about it when it happens. Some guy's going to really have to have his act together, though, to be deserving of your attention.

Don't forget the book idea. By popular demand of your fan base.
I actually talked to my friend about writing a book called 'The Secret life of Men' about all the BS we've been through working in shops (she's a welder) and how it's affected our self esteem throughout the years. She brought up a really good point though, in that we don't want to make women who read it distrustful of men and we definitely don't hate men at all and we both thought that would be how people saw the book.

So, maybe just an 'anonymous memoir' about our experiences working in a 'mans world'. We'll see

I actually met someone last weekend....well, kinda. I've known him for a while but he broke up with his gf a while back and I figured it would take him a really long time to get over her. The gal I was with (my ghostwriting partner ) was going on and on about how he was flirting with me and how she thinks he likes me, so we'll see if that goes anywhere

Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I actually met someone last weekend....well, kinda. I've known him for a while but he broke up with his gf a while back and I figured it would take him a really long time to get over her. The gal I was with (my ghostwriting partner ) was going on and on about how he was flirting with me and how she thinks he likes me, so we'll see if that goes anywhere
Hey, this is front page news! Details, details! Is he an engineer? Grease monkey? Smart, nice?

Old 08-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Hey, this is front page news! Details, details! Is he an engineer? Grease monkey? Smart, nice?
I've known him for a while, not an engineer, no college education that I know of. He's a manager at a local grocery store and just a cutie pie He's also got a pretty messed up sense of humor that mimicks mine, which is always good!

I'm not getting my hopes up though, he could have been flirting with me because the bar was dead, but who knows?

2,615 posts, read 5,404,024 times
Quote:
Your call, but sitting at home with netflix won't get you out and about, where you can meet people. You can meet people in theater lobbies or in the ticket line.

Oh well.
People don't interact with random strangers as much as they used to...times have changed. Most people would look at you weird if you tried to talk to them, at least where I live.

8,779 posts, read 9,460,625 times
just pursue your interests and never become complacent. doing this will never keep things dull for very long and you will meet like minded people all the time to "have fun" with

Old 08-06-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
People don't interact with random strangers as much as they used to...times have changed. Most people would look at you weird if you tried to talk to them, at least where I live.
I definitely ran into that in Seattle. Certainly not in CA, though. I've done ok here in NM. It definitely depends on where you live.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:28 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,478 times
bump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships