Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM

44 posts, read 42,390 times

Advertisements

I am 29 and I have been with my boyfriend for seven years. We have a pretty good relationship, I am just interested in how to keep it healthy and happy. I am particularly interested in what other black men have to say but appreciate all input. What are some complaints that black men have with black women?? What are some warning signs to look for if things start to go awry??

We are planning to get married when we can afford it, needless to say its not at the top of our list.

Thanks.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:12 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,285,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy4m3 View Post
I am 29 and I have been with my boyfriend for seven years. We have a pretty good relationship, I am just interested in how to keep it healthy and happy. I am particularly interested in what other black men have to say but appreciate all input. What are some complaints that black men have with black women?? What are some warning signs to look for if things start to go awry??

We are planning to get married when we can afford it, needless to say its not at the top of our list.

Thanks.
I am white so I can't comment or help with all of the questions you are asking. I will tell you almost all Rock music was stolen from this man in one way or another!LOL...........

YouTube - Robert Johnson- Crossroad

Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,131,675 times
Hippy,

Sorry, I'm so darn white it would hurt your eyes, but I want to say: Your wonderful outlook on life and love and your willingness to 'go the extra mile' is one of the most important things to keep love alive. Another thing, let him know daily with a simple peek on the cheek or hug on the neck that you love him now and that you'll love him forever. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM

44 posts, read 42,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Hippy,

Sorry, I'm so darn white it would hurt your eyes, but I want to say: Your wonderful outlook on life and love and your willingness to 'go the extra mile' is one of the most important things to keep love alive. Another thing, let him know daily with a simple peek on the cheek or hug on the neck that you love him now and that you'll love him forever. Good luck!

Aww... You are sweet, Thank You.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,991,263 times
Honesty, respect, open communication, compromise, common goals, willingness to work through things.
Pretty much the same across the races.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 PM

17,251 posts, read 57,351,373 times
Another white guy weighing in - I don't think it matters if a couple is white, black, whatever - for me anyway a gal who stays in good physical shape, works with me on things, appreciates the things I can do in terms of career, does not harp on my shortcomings, (which all men and all women have) and is fun. For me, she has to be on the same page as me on kids - DW had grown kids when we met, but in general for me child-free would be best, in any case, no damn baby rabies. A gal who pays a lot of attention to what her girlfriends do, and likes to be trendy, would not last long with me. Likewise competitive shopping or wanting a house or car that's trendy (and spendy).

A gal who can cook, like a guy who can fix things around the house and car, may be a stereotype, but, such people are always appreciated.

Good, open communication is a must. Be willing to talk with your guy about anything.

Something I particularly value, probably because my Mom is this way, is a gal who does not lose her head when something goes wrong. Set a frying pan on fire on the stove? Don't scream and shout, grab a lid and put it out. Nobody much likes seeing a mouse in the house, but don't carry on like it's a rabid pit bull, OK?

A lot of these are just *my* preferences, find out how your guy feels about these issues, give him what he wants. Let him know what you want too.

Good luck, I agree that you have a great attitude and are a real find for any guy.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,436,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy4m3 View Post

Thanks.
I'm yet another white guy...but I think it would be pretty much the same, wouldn't it? My thought is we are all the same.

I would say it's important to always remember to be friends. Remember to be team mates...and hold each other up in the bad times, don't beat each other up. Cherish the good times, and laugh and look back on them.

That'd be my thoughts.

Good luck with your relationship.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,062,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I am white so I can't comment or help with all of the questions you are asking. I will tell you almost all Rock music was stolen from this man in one way or another!LOL...........

YouTube - Robert Johnson- Crossroad

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,285,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
That's circa 1920's for the non guitar people!LOL.........

Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 PM

4,574 posts, read 9,198,639 times
my biggest complaint about black women was that they were like all women. Say they wanted a nice guy when they really wanted a bad boy, a prima dona , or the biggest thug on the block. I ended up marrying an assyrian- portuguese woman and never dated a black woman in my life, though i tried many a times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.