Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 PM

44 posts, read 42,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
what is a "black relationship"? last i heard, all races were the same species.

The basic issues that apply to all relationships would apply to yours. It transcends race.
So I read all of the post, at this point they are at 59 I think. To all the people stating that a relationship between a black woman and man is no different than any other culture, hmm... I am going to leave that one alone, I mean really. We are not the same. We don't have the same experiences, we are not viewed the same in society or among our peers even, in some cases, and the list goes on. If you don't understand this, thats is fine, I do not fault you on this. Criticizing me because of what you don't understand, either by choice or whatever, shows of a feeble mind, I'll leave it at that. Thank you all for your positive feedback,

Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The Op should have phrased the question a little differently, sorta makes blacks seem like some separate beings that don't have the same basic relationship requirement.

I'm assuming the OP is non-black???

I am black and proud!![insert black fist here]

Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
I complete agree with you.....I think being "colorblind" is completely unrealistic. I think when you acknowledge and respect another's differences you bring about understanding and acceptance for who they are and what you see. When people pretend to not see a person's skin color and culture, your ignoring their heritage, uniqueness, and humaness in this diverse world. I love it when people notice that I'm latina, with my big ass, my accent and anything that associates me with the culture I am proud to come from.

LOL!!!!! You have a lot going for you!! You go girl!!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Why is your relationship different from other relationships simply because you're both Black?

The biggest problem that we, Black people, have is that we keep making ourselves different from everyone else. As soon as we treat ourselves and each other like we aren't different from anyone else, everyone else will stop treating us like we are different from them.
What does anyone else have to do with my relationship with my man??? Side from the fact that I am asking for advice from everyone else??? I don't care about the way other people treat me, the question was about my relationship with my man!!! I care about how he treats me. Can you read?? Its ok, my friends' 8 month old can't read either.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
I've read most of the responses and am surprised to see that no one has mentioned the elephant in the room. Lady, you are 29 and have been dating the same man for seven years and are not engaged officially?!

A lack of money is no real excuse to delay marriage, assuming each of you are self-sustaining adults now and carefully plan and time having children.

I question the real issues surrounding why you've been "dating" a man for seven years. As you approach 30, you need to be looking at where you hope to be and how likely you are to get there if your relationship remains in purgatory.
So what's the time limit on dating?? It seems to me that insecure women are in a rush to lock a man down cause they feel that as time passes their chance may pass. I am not ready to walk down the aisle. If it aint broke don't fix it. He is here because he wants to be, not because a piece of paper makes it more convenient for him to be. As far as the money goes, we agreed that we wouldn't take vows until each of us has paid down our school debt, so...... I am not worried about marriage, a piece a paper can't keep a man. I am concerned with the marriage state of mind, you don't need a wedding for that. But thanks though....

Old 05-06-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
I don't know man. Of recent, there has been quite a number of these black men/women threads around here asking extremely silly questions it's almost unbelievable. Really! I hope these people are just trolls. I'm really surprised that someone would actually think that a black relationship should be nurtured in a different way than other relationships. People, you need to realize that deep down we are all the same. There's no "them" and "us". We are all them and we are all us. If we put the color of our skins aside, we will realize that deep inside, we all share the same emotions. All of us needs love, need to love and feel loved, cry when sad, get angry, upset, get scared, and so on and so forth. All relationships need the same basic things; love, honesty, and mutual respect. I treat my current boyfriend the same way I treated the one before him, and they are of different races. It never occured to me that, oh, now that I'm in a 'full black' relationship I should handle things differently. Never.
I saw trolls and stopped. If I am a troll, so is yo mama!!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy4m3 View Post
I saw trolls and stopped. If I am a troll, so is yo mama!!
Please grow up. Now?

Old 05-07-2010, 07:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
The biggest problem that we, Black people, have is that we keep making ourselves different from everyone else.
But we are different from everybody else and the modern science is only regurgitating what the ancient text have already told us.

"The findings suggest that modern humans, after migrating from Africa 45,000 to 80,000 years ago, bred with Neanderthals then in the Middle East before spreading into Eurasia.
"

"The main finding is that there was gene flow from Neanderthals into the ancestors of modern non-Africans," David Reich, a geneticist and associate professor at the Harvard Medical School Department of Genetics, said Wednesday.
"

Neanderthal genome shines light on human evolution - CNN.com

Quote:
As soon as we treat ourselves and each other like we aren't different from anyone else, everyone else will stop treating us like we are different from them.
What's wrong with being different? And no, I don't want to be treated like everybody else. I want people to notice that I'm African because I take pride that my blood line/blood type goes back to 50,000+ BCE!

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Please grow up. Now?
I'm allowed to act up once in a while, right doc???

Old 05-07-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
But we are different from everybody else and the modern science is only regurgitating what the ancient text have already told us.

"The findings suggest that modern humans, after migrating from Africa 45,000 to 80,000 years ago, bred with Neanderthals then in the Middle East before spreading into Eurasia."

"The main finding is that there was gene flow from Neanderthals into the ancestors of modern non-Africans," David Reich, a geneticist and associate professor at the Harvard Medical School Department of Genetics, said Wednesday."

Neanderthal genome shines light on human evolution - CNN.com

What's wrong with being different? And no, I don't want to be treated like everybody else. I want people to notice that I'm African because I take pride that my blood line/blood type goes back to 50,000+ BCE!

You took it to a whole other level!!! Your gonna make these people cry in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships