Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: He should start hugging and kissing her:
After a few minutes 14 18.42%
After a few hours 19 25.00%
Not until the second date 14 18.42%
On the third date or it's hopeless 29 38.16%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM

27,643 posts, read 28,738,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they don't even care. first date, second date, it's all the same. just trying to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible, can't be bothered otherwise.
It's unfair to make this generalization. Some women like to keep a man as a friend zone pet forever too.

That's something guys have to watch out for, or they end up wasting a lot of time and money for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,092,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why can they be so easily talked into providing this "service", without any thought to what they should be getting from the experience? Maybe they feel they're not ready for that experience? Trying to understand the mentality, here.
Because young girls are all about getting the guy today. It's the "popularity" thing...on steroids. The guys talk them into it...and the girls fall for it. I have a teenage son and lots of teens in the neighborhood that I talk to. Girls today...I can't believe them. I don't get how some of these parents have raised their kids.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:13 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,116,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
There was a guy I met through a friend once who was so eager to go out, we met for lunch the day after he contacted me. It went okay and we had already set a date for a couple days later, at the end of which he kissed me (and how tragic that he had nice lips and was a horrendous kisser) and kept saying softly to me "Why didn't you call me? You scared me. You should call me."

I should have run right then and there, or maybe after he left a flower and hershey kiss on my windshield with a note saying he just wanted to be able to give me a kiss before work. These are things that sound kind of romantic when they happen to other people or on TV but flipping scary when it happens to you. Boys, use a little common sense.
You scared me? Sounds over-protective (or over-controlling) even for a mother. Sounds like something those guys who imprison women in their basement would say.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,116,964 times
'Hello, nice to meet you, I'm...oh let's cut the bull****!' - start making out.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,354,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Blegh, I'm no prude but the first date is a strictly "getting to know you" date. You don't know me, why on earth would you be trying to hold my hand or kiss me or whisper sweet nothings into my ear? Any guy who tries to get physical or romantic with me that soon is labeled a sleaze looking for action or a potential stalker and it's time for me to bail. If things go well, you might get a hug at the end of the date but let's save the kiss for date #2, at least.
Stupid poll and question.

I agree with the above, for the most part, if I don't know the guy.

I would differentiate a person who you don't know well with someone you already know. Your comfort levels would be in different places and all bets might be off with someone you already know.

Again, stupid question.

There are just too many variables. I'm not going to get graphic, just leaving it at that.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,788,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You scared me? Sounds over-protective (or over-controlling) even for a mother. Sounds like something those guys who imprison women in their basement would say.
And if he had had a basement, he probably would have. I hate the weepy romantic type, they always seem to be trying to imitate what they think they're supposed to be doing instead of experiencing the moment.

I may be a bit harsh, though. I've noticed a pattern on my part of feeling that the guys I date like me way too much, way too soon.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:42 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,743,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's unfair to make this generalization. Some women like to keep a man as a friend zone pet forever too.

That's something guys have to watch out for, or they end up wasting a lot of time and money for nothing.

so they are weighing their options in that they don't want to spends any additional money or wastes any extra time on a woman they're not going to get laid from, right?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,198,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
You gotta get the pie while it's warm,if you don't even try to escalate on the first date it's hopeless.

you know that saying, "he who hesitates..."

don't be that guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If there hasn't been any hugging or kissing by the third date, then what's the point of going on dating?

That sounds to me like there's probably no romantic connection there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
If she ain't puttin' out, goodbye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
42.678 seconds.

depends on each girl... sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes 5 hours(damn I had to struggle that time...but I got there)
Wow, how terrible for you guys to have such low self-esteem that you think you are being rejected if you don't get none by the third date.

Maybe you guys should seriously consider the Priesthood or the French Foreign Legion.

Rounding 3rd Base...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
How come men never give a woman oral on the first date?
Because many of them are selfish pigs. Their idea of "treating a woman right" is "getting some."

Recognizing the truth....

Mircea

Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM

479 posts, read 836,261 times
Viewing the poll results, without actually voting.

The result appears to be that no one knows.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 PM

578 posts, read 1,093,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
How come men never give a woman oral on the first date? I always hear about women doing this and getting nothing in return
Alot of men like to "say" they were orally satisfied on the first date. Who knows In my experience alot of men are quite willing to reciprocate but on the first date?? I wouldn't know. I date gentlemen Or perhaps they recognize I'm a lady Dang girls a little romance and anticipation adds value
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships