Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 12:14 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,313,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Thank you, that is all I'm saying. The folks on here throwing rotten tomatoes at me, just don't want to look at the idea that any time a woman spends with a man who really doesn't want her is just too much time wasted. In my last serious relationship, it took two years for the "M" word to come up. I didn't offer an ultimatum. He said he didn't want to be "rushed" Because I loved him and he said he wanted marriage, I gave him two more years, only to have him hem and and haw and make excuses at the end of that second two years. Vindication is sweet though. This is a small town and he has done similar to couple of other girls over the years so now he has a repuation for being a big flake and a weak mama's boy and now he can't even get arrested. No one will go out with him! I guess he'll go try to catch some poor hapless unsuspecting non-citizen to take him and his mama and his freeloading family on. Hope she's got a lot of money. She'll need it.
Let's be honest here, women who want to get married who date men that dont (or say they aren't sure) are just as at fault as the men.

It's up to you to set parameters from the get-go. If its not going in the direction you want it to then it's your responsibility to leave. I dont know why people wait around for things to happen instead of making them happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,739,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Let's be honest here, women who want to get married who date men that dont (or say they aren't sure) are just as at fault as the men.

It's up to you to set parameters from the get-go. If its not going in the direction you want it to then it's your responsibility to leave. I dont know why people wait around for things to happen instead of making them happen.
Yeah, okay. True. What I didn't include is that two months after the breakup, he has tried to get me to go back to him and then had the nerve to get angry because I didn't want him anymore. How do you even begin to try to trust a CON ARTIST like the one I've described? He's just looking to waste more of my time, and he's desperate now. Good.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:22 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,751,021 times
Quote:
Thank you, that is all I'm saying. The folks on here throwing rotten tomatoes at me, just don't want to look at the idea that any time a woman spends with a man who really doesn't want her is just too much time wasted. In my last serious relationship, it took two years for the "M" word to come up. I didn't offer an ultimatum. He said he didn't want to be "rushed" Because I loved him and he said he wanted marriage, I gave him two more years, only to have him hem and and haw and make excuses at the end of that second two years. Vindication is sweet though. This is a small town and he has done similar to couple of other girls over the years so now he has a repuation for being a big flake and a weak mama's boy and now he can't even get arrested. No one will go out with him! I guess he'll go try to catch some poor hapless unsuspecting non-citizen to take him and his mama and his freeloading family on. Hope she's got a lot of money. She'll need it.

your example is what i am talking about. his leading you on for 2 years with the hopes of marriage when he really had no intention in the first place. then for another 2 years. again, they will just string a woman along for as long as she allows it. they are interested in 'freebies' (cooking, cleaning sex, etc) from any woman that's willing to keep giving them with no demands of her own. then when he gets tired of her or find someone that's marriage material that's where he'll go. seen it happen to a number of women... but you can't tell some of these women nothing and that's their buisness if they want to keep getting into dead end situations with no end in sight.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, okay. True. What I didn't include is that two months after the breakup, he has tried to get me to go back to him and then had the nerve to get angry because I didn't want him anymore. How do you even begin to try to trust a CON ARTIST like the one I've described? He's just looking to waste more of my time, and he's desperate now. Good.
Was he a con artist? Did he tell you he wanted to marry you at any point? You didn't clarify that in your post.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Was he a con artist? Did he tell you he wanted to marry you at any point? You didn't clarify that in your post.
Once more, it would be good for you to pay a little attention in my OP, I said that at the two year mark, he said he wanted marriage, but didn't want to be rushed. On his word, he got more two more years of my time. I hope that clears it up.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Once more, it would be good for you to pay a little attention in my OP, I said that at the two year mark, he said he wanted marriage, but didn't want to be rushed. On his word, he got more two more years of my time. I hope that clears it up.
But your idea of not being rushed and his could be two different things.

I'ts good you got out if he wasn't giving you what you wanted, but it doesn't necessarily mean he was leading you on. If he told you in two years I will make up my mind and he didn't-then that's an issue. The two-year was your cut off point not his.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,125,066 times
Quote:

I couldn't agree more with this. Women who stays for years hoping he'll change his mind have no one to blame but themselves when things don't work out.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:32 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,213,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
exactly. i know a woman who played 'wife' with a guy for 8 years without the actual marriage. she refer to herself as 'his wife' but too bad she wasn't the wife in his mind, only her own. he left her and then married someone totally different. what a freaking waste of 8 years of her time all for him to marry another woman, LOL. this have happened time and again where a woman put herself out there with a man for many years and then gets the short end of the stick as he pursues another woman more worth his time and then marries her. if she would've set him straight with some kind, any kind of guidelines wouldn't have ended up in that dead end situation for so long.
This is all gospel, great points.

I know I've posted this before but it really applies here

YouTube - Why Can't Unmarried Black Women Find a Good Men Pt. 8 from 5 mins to 3 minute mark.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
But your idea of not being rushed and his could be two different things.

I'ts good you got out if he wasn't giving you what you wanted, but it doesn't necessarily mean he was leading you on. If he told you in two years I will make up my mind and he didn't-then that's an issue. The two-year was your cut off point not his.
There are a lot of his ilk out there findly--it's called wanting a free ride; something for nothing. All you can get for the least amount you can put on the table. It caught up to him though, because all the girls in town rightfully think of him as a loser, now.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of his ilk out there findly--it's called wanting a free ride; something for nothing. All you can get for the least amount you can put on the table. It caught up to him though, because all the girls in town rightfully think of him as a loser, now.

I don't consider a man who doesn't want to get married a loser just for that one fact. If he was a straight a**hole all the way around, thats an issue in and of itself and you never should have given him the time of day to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships